Now that Frank Trigg made his refereeing debut in the UFC...

thats actually looks bad on the ref.

it looks cool but they are there to enfore the rules and protect the fighters not fight them.

lol...did I really need to put /sarcasm at the end of the OP?

The only fighter I’ve met in person that was actually rude.

This was at the Affliction: Fedor vs Sylvia event in Anaheim weigh in day. He was walking around the arena with Jay Glazer and I asked to take a pic with the guy (every other fighter I ran into that day was more than happy to) and muttered something like ‘go away kid’.

Even Jay Glazer was kinda like ‘wtf’ and then asked him for a pic and he was more than happy to, he was drinking whiskey out of a coffee mug and seemed really chill.

Fuck Frank Trigg

Hopefully we get more ex-fighters becoming referees because then maybe one day we will have something as great as this all our own...

7zthRa6.gif

That side kick...

<Oku02>
You know that's fake right?
Edit:
Maybe fake isn't the right word. It looks like a scene. I don't know many Karate tournaments with boon mics and several cameras filming. The first guy that grabs the ref and gets pushed does the dramatic roll over. The side kick doesn't even looks like it lands. There's a chick holding something that looks like a clapperboard. (Cut!) Sorry if you already knew this, but some may not.

Last edited:
Hopefully we get more ex-fighters becoming referees because then maybe one day we will have something as great as this all our own...

7zthRa6.gif

That side kick...

<Oku02>
I was pleasantly surprised that trigg escaped without being rnc'd.

Yeah I'm sure someone like Urijah Faber would be a great, unbiased ref.

Werdum would be a great referee

A Brazilian referee should never, under any circumstances, be allowed to referee a fight with only 1 Brazilian in it. Only fights either 0 or 2 Brazilains.

Back