Not sure where to start

michaelrobinson2834

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just joined this forum. I've been reading a bunch of the threads, but I'm pretty much a complete newbie and I just want to get a solid recommendation on where to start.

I've heard a lot of people say that you must start with Muay Thai, and then others say start with BJJ and don't even go into striking until you get decent on the ground.

Do you guys have any good recommendations on a decent gameplan for an MMA training regimen? Right now, I just want to do it for fun, but idk I may want to compete, I guess I'll see.

Thanks again.

Start with MT, stay with MT, compete in MT...everything else... it's just a toy...

Just try different stuff and see what is more fun for you and start from there... and if you enjoy both striking and grappling, go directly to MMA. Anyway that's just my opinion. (not the part about MT, that's not an opinion, that's an universal truth)

There's probably a correct method of starting and hopefully someone would come along and provide a sophisticated answer. However if anything, experiences had taught me there's no perfect way of starting and you should just start.

If you're only doing it for fun, just go with the one that's funnest for you. Try out each one, then you'll have it narrowed down pretty well.

Whatever you feel like is the most fun. If you truly have no preference then I would start with grappling imo

Back