Not So Recent Games You Play

How are the graphic's for Prototype 1? The game always looked interesting. How's the story? Also are you turning up the graphics to high and resolution to max?

I can recommend it. jumping around over buildings is cool.
I played on full HD.

First time playing Red Dead Redemption?

I may have to pop that in again... so good.

nah, but it's the first time i played it in years. decided to replay it so it would be a bit more fresh in my mind before the sequel comes out. i have high hopes for it, so i hope rockstar delivers (which they usually do, i guess).

I play old games all the time. Way more than new games the past year or so.

I've fired up Heroes of Might & Magic III on occasion for the past 15 years. I have 100% of content for the fifth in the series, which was the most refined release, but the purity and minimalism of HMM3 is just fucking timeless. I end up playing it instead. Sort of reminds me of Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness vs. Warcraft 3. Bunch of friends preferred the new micromanagement. Not me. To this day I prefer the former over any other RTS ever made.

First time playing Red Dead Redemption?

I may have to pop that in again... so good.

Too bad it wasn't released for PC.
Many mods possible in such a game.
I had a modded GTA Sand Andreas

When I was housebound after shoulder surgery, I grabbed Baldur's Gate on Google Play. Fond memories from college days.

I've recently started playing through Psychonauts again for the first time in years. Picked it up on special on Steam.

It's still really fun and hilarious. I'm frequently laughing out loud. Really looking forward to the sequel.

header.jpg

Well, I'm super excited by a lot of new games coming out... but I've had a hankering to install Oblivion and mod the ever loving shit out of it for some time now.
why not go with skyrim

why not go with skyrim
Because I have recently replayed Skyrim, I haven't played Oblivion in years, and I like Oblivion more--minus some QoL changes Skyrim introduced!

Been rocking some StarCraft 2 lately, and a few older 4x games, like Civ 5 and Age of Wonders 3.

I'm horrible at them, yet I love them so, so I keep hoping that one day I will stop being so bad at them.

I've recently started playing through Psychonauts again for the first time in years. Picked it up on special on Steam.

It's still really fun and hilarious. I'm frequently laughing out loud. Really looking forward to the sequel.

header.jpg
I actually played that. Some review had mislead me to believe that it wasn't really a kids game, so I kept expecting it to get darker, and it didn't. That was disappointing, but I appreciated the gameplay mechanics. Diverse set of challenges and puzzles. That part was a treat.

Destory All Humans : Path of the Furon is really a good time. I can play that game and just laugh my ass off for hours.

I'm absolutely batshit crazy for the Crysis Trilogy... such fun games with so many different ways to get through each area.

I also do a playthrough of Kotor I and II about every 2 years. I'm actually due for another go around and was thinking about firing it up last night, but you know, I didn't.

I actually played that. Some review had mislead me to believe that it wasn't really a kids game, so I kept expecting it to get darker, and it didn't. That was disappointing, but I appreciated the gameplay mechanics. Diverse set of challenges and puzzles. That part was a treat.

Yeah, it's not necessarily a kids game, but it's definitely kid friendly. I'd compare the tone to a Pixar film (kind of).

But, yeah, it's the gameplay and the world design I really loved.

I always keep Team Fortress 2, Age of Empires II and Total War: Shogun 2 installed on my PC.

Fired up Diablo 2 over the weekend.

I've gone back and played a lot of games from the 360, remastered or not, recently because I went a long time without playing anything other than RDR or GTA V

Back