Not a single marketable champion in the UFC currently.

Stipe needs to fight more, but he's definitely marketable.

LHW has no champion so...

Bisping could be marketable if he stopped ducking his entire division and defended his belt

Woodley could be marketable if he stopped having dogshit fights

Conor's the single most marketable MMA fighter ever so...

Holloway is definitely marketable, but he needs time to develop

Garbrandt has a bunch of drama, so he's definitely marketable for at least a few fights

Mighty Mouse...kinda dug himself into a hole, even if I agree with him

Stipe... Just mumbles, very hard to understand what he is saying. Charisma of a table leg.

Jones/Cormier... Jones is very marketable and he is the best fighter there is. Cormier is popular too and very well known.

Bisping... Very well known, loved and hated. But he is near retirement and might only fight once more.

Woodley... ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Conor.... Obviously the biggest draw, not in question his drawing power.

Holloway... Very good fighter I think and needs to be pushed more.

Garbrandt... Like many fighters as soon as he becomes champion he suddenly has all these mystery injuries, but never had them when he wasn't champ.

Mouse... Lets not even go there.

Nunes.... God help us.

Joanna... very talented but needs to stop point fighting to decisions, and finish someone. A lot more chance than Nunes of being a star.

They were marketable because they won fights and defended titles. That's what people wanted to see. Now they want to see shit-talking, and no one cares about titles.

But neither of them are in the least bit charismatic.

titos buyrate went from 70k to 100k average when he got to talk shit on live tv

chuck title first fight against randy sold 45k, his next fight, against tito (nontitle fight coming off of a loss) was built up with trash talk and sold 105k ppvs
how can that be if they were only famous for winning fights and titles?

then chuck and randy did a reality show, and had another title fight that sold 280k ppvs. proving that reality tv and manufactured drama took their buyrates from 45k to 280k ppvs

if you think tito didnt become a star from his mouth as well as his fighting, you know nothing of that era
"
UFC 40 was a pivotal event for Zuffa. The anticipation for Ken Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz resulted in a buyrate that was roughly double the buyrates of the previous Zuffa UFC shows. After initially losing a lot of money, UFC 40 showed Zuffa that it was possible to make money with the UFC. This was important for the sport of mixed martial arts because had UFC 40 been a failure, the possibility existed that Zuffa would have eventually sold the UFC and cut their losses; Zuffa was largely responsible for bringing mixed martial arts to the North American mainstream audience in the coming years, and without them, there was a good possibility the sport of mixed martial arts would have remained underground outside Japan.[2][3] UFC 40 was a near sellout of 13,022 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena for a gate of $1,540,000, a UFC record at that point.[3]

UFC 40 also gained mainstream exposure for mixed martial arts. Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz both appeared on The Best Damn Sports Show Period and engaged in trash talk on live television.[4] Shamrock and Ortiz's fight also gained mainstream media attention from massive media outlets such as ESPN and USA Today,[3] something that was unprecedented for mixed martial arts at that point in time."

tito was conor before conor

They're all marketable except for Woodley. And Max is holding by a thread cause of his Hawaii connection. Unfortunately, UFC doesn't do promotion and nobody besides Conor do self promotion well either, so this a pointless conversation.

No one was talking about fighters marketability before Conor showed up.
All we care is how good of a fighter someone is.
What a bunch of kardashians we've become.

Stipe... Just mumbles, very hard to understand what he is saying. Charisma of a table leg.

Jones/Cormier... Jones is very marketable and he is the best fighter there is. Cormier is popular too and very well known.

Bisping... Very well known, loved and hated. But he is near retirement and might only fight once more.

Woodley... ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Conor.... Obviously the biggest draw, not in question his drawing power.

Holloway... Very good fighter I think and needs to be pushed more.

Garbrandt... Like many fighters as soon as he becomes champion he suddenly has all these mystery injuries, but never had them when he wasn't champ.

Mouse... Lets not even go there.

Nunes.... God help us.

Joanna... very talented but needs to stop point fighting to decisions, and finish someone. A lot more chance than Nunes of being a star.
Nunez screwed up once and it seems she will. It be forgiven.

I think she is cool considering who she has decimated

When the fuck did MMA fans start caring about marketability?
Do you make any money off of ppv buys?

IDK, I feel like if the UFC tried marketing any of them we'd find out.

Lol at all these WWE cuckboys who can't appreciate exciting champions unless they run their mouths.
How dare you! I love WWE but Stipe and Joanna are my favorite current champs

that's unlce dana job but since the advent of irish jabroni he EXPECTS his fighters to do the same.

Long gone were the days when winning and title defenses were drawing... now it's just stupid WWE antics that moves the casuals to buy...

Woodley has a good heel gimmick going on but he needs an opponent who can feed off that and build something bigger.

I watch MMA because I like watching fights. I could give two shits about the marketability of a fighter.

Stipe is boring personality but if he wins his next fight I think he'll get a good push.
DC is well known is semi-popular so they are okay there.
Bisping is actually popular and his fight with GSP will sell.
Woodley is boring as hell and that won't change so he's a dud.
Conor is mega popular.
Holloway has potential to be popular with his skills and he just became champ so give him a sec.
Garbrandt really really has potential with his boxing and his mouth, he has some of the best boxing in the sport and if he beats Dillashaw the sky is the limit.
MM is pretty boring and tiny.
Nunes is popular in Brazil so use her there and same with JJ with wherever the hell she's from.

I think you're doing okay with champs with potential for Cody and Holloway to be big stars. Some of the older cats won't keep theirs long like DC and Bisping so hopefully they are beat by possible stars.

Stipe could be if he got the push. An active firefighter becoming champion and knocking the last 4 guys he's faced..in the first round! Yeah not marketable at all

They were marketable because they won fights and defended titles.

LOL you don't really believe that do you? The Chuck, Tito, Randy, Shamrock rivalries were as pro wrestling as it got. Do you remember the three way showdown in the ring? The UFC all about shit talking in the Chuck/Tito days. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise

Noone is a superstar. The only one is Conor.

Everyone else is just generic with no personality.

Jon Jones was the only one besides Conor, and he is now gone.

Conor truly deserves 50 million minimum per fight if they ever expect to see him in the octagon again because all these others are just boring.

What happened to the Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortizs?

Watching Roman Reigns is more exciting than Stipe Miocic.

Sadly this is pretty much true. The only person I could even see being a household name if she keeps it up another year or so is Joanna Jedrzejczyk.

It's unfortunate that this has what it's come to.
Sports entertainment but mostly entertainment.

Back