Norm Macdonald inks deal with Netflix. Premiering Friday, September 14

I people are making that bigger thing than what it needs to be. However, everyone still needs to know how big an idiot he is. Just saw this yesterday:

I don't know why you are quoting me on this. He is a comedian not your professor.

Watched the Davud Spade and Chevy Chase episodes and they're great.

He let's Spade steer the ship for the most part in the 1st episode who I'm a big fan of.

With Chevy he steered the conversation more and they had a great rapport together

I people are making that bigger thing than what it needs to be. However, everyone still needs to know how big an idiot he is. Just saw this yesterday:

You clearly don't get his subversive humor.
Hell the man purposefully tells people he quit smoking then goes on a little spiel about the dangers of smoking, only to light up a cigarette outside. He likes probing and messing with people. Check out the closeted gay man bit from the same interview, he loved messing with Larry (who he also had on Norm's own show).

I hadn’t listened to Stern in a zillion years, ever since he blacklisted Artie, but I had to make a beeline for this when it came out yesterday, for Norm. Man, he’s still the best interviewer out there. Great stuff. Fuck him tho
He blacklisted Artie? I thought he just banned him for good from the show, and cut him out of his life.

He blacklisted Artie? I thought he just banned him for good from the show, and cut him out of his life.

Yeah, I just mean that. Banned him for life, and wouldn’t even let Artie buy commercials on his show when he was putting out his book.

Spade interview (premiere episode) was really good. Drew Barrymore maybe not as much.

Yeah Norm is a complete idiot about lots of things. He should stick to telling jokes, telling stories, and talking shit.

Yeah Norm is a complete idiot about lots of things. He should stick to telling jokes, telling stories, and talking shit.
his general ignorance makes him funnier and more endearing imo.

Yeah, I just mean that. Banned him for life, and wouldn’t even let Artie buy commercials on his show when he was putting out his book.

Honestly can't blaim Stern. He thought he was enabling him and he was.

Artie needs to bottom out

I don't care for this man

Not sure what all the hubbub is about

I looooove how he wont answer questions and cuts everyone off with non sequitirs.

Weird show. It's only 26 goddamn minutes, which is way too short, that is some ADD bullshit. Norm is better long-form. His youtube show was like a podcast, it would sometimes go on for a long time. With this netflix show, as soon as he's starting to find a groove with a guest, it's already over. And there are weird edits throughout. The whole thing is just awkward.

It also feels stuffy, uptight, & over-produced, while simultaneously also being kinda cheap & ghetto. It has all the tension of a big major network late night show, while looking like a community public access show.

It feels to me like some producers made all these weird, bad choices, to present the show in this way, instead of just letting Norm do the show he used to do on youtube, on netflix. So basically they bought something, changed it, and made it worse. Typical TV producer bullshit.

Too many cooks, for a soup that ultimately really only has one ingredient: Norm. Just let him fucking talk to his guest, for as long as he wants, don't edit it, leave him alone. Ah well.

That said, I love Norm tons, so I will watch them all, and I gave it 5 stars on the ratings thingy.

Word on the street is that this has been cancelled.

I started watching these episodes in the background of doing things now. Love these interviews. I love how he is the most well behaved person with Lorn Michaels, but fucks with judge Judy like crazy, but when Jane Fonda is on, he's the sweetest boy in the world until she comes on to him. We can finally see him break character for once.

Youtube Boulevard, near the end of Google Drive.
Just looked it up, is it Rogan that let the info out? I really hope he misunderstood getting that info. Sometimes he jumps on rumors quickly, so I hope he was wrong.

Back