Social Non-"normal" pets thread

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, thought about making a Mayberry thread for anyone with unique or atypical pets. They don't have to be super bizarre, just something aside from dogs or cats or basic beta/goldfish/guppy fish tanks.

Went into a Petco about a month ago to get a Beta fish for a pet for our toddler..... And we walked out with a bearded dragon <Lmaoo>

The scene of my wife and toddler convincing me was probably something out of a sitcom, but they won the battle. The little guy is pretty cool, more social than I ever thought a reptile could be. Sits on your shoulder to watch TV, will eat crickets out of your hands. Once he gets a little bigger we have a leash to take outside on a hot summer day.

The thing they don't tell you about getting a bearded dragon is, is that soon you'll find yourself with plastic totes full of roaches and crickets in your garage trying to breed the damn bugs to save money on having to buy a few hundred a week. So yeah, if my house burns down its because a roach got out and I handled it the best way I knew how.

Anyone else any non standard pets? How do you like it? What do friends think?

I actually don’t have many pictures of the dragon, most of what I have are videos as I love watching him hunt. Definitely gives off a dinosaur vibe when chasing crickets and roaches down.

IMG-8208.jpg

I had tree frogs, anoles and red eared sliders as a kid. Today I have 3 rabbits that roam the house.

I daydream about getting a wallaby someday. I’ve seen videos of people being best friends with their wallaby and it following them around everywhere

I had one of these as a kid. It was about as exciting as a pet rock.

original.jpg

Right? We went to the store for either a beta fish or a 10 gallon fish tank. Those are basically room decorations imo, rather than pets.

I thought this reptile would be the same sort of thing, but he's really active and can come out of his tank. So that's been a nice surprise this past month

Im 42, but ive owned the same Chinese Box Turtle since I was 11.

I live on a Ranch and raise Mini Fainting Goats as well.

I have a lot of Ranch Cats & a Huskey. Used to have about 15 chickens but the Huskey killed them all.

Last edited:
You made me google lot lizard on my work computer. That was not a nice thing to do
@lsa is really into that. He provides an excellent service, I’ve been told

I know freshwater feesh are banned from this thread but that’s what I have. Some out of the ordinary ones I suppose

I know freshwater feesh are banned from this thread but that’s what I have. Some out of the ordinary ones I suppose

I mention lot lizards and mods come crawling..
Hmmmm
<EdgyBrah>

I had some cool fishes.
One was a black ghost I also had a Steatocranus casuarius.

But nothing too special :(

Go ahead and share. I just mean like the beta/goldfish/normal things you see in Walmart as I feel a lot of people have that and was worried Petco fish would be 90% of posts

Oh, also, shortly after getting we went to a reptile Expo. Figured we'd learn more how to take care and buy some other needed stuff not from a chain

If any of you are looking for a big tiddy goth GF: That's where they are

Holy shit it was like 90s emo blast from the past. I've never seen so many black T-shirts in one place

Back