Nogueira fought Zuluzinho???

sumo is a great style for MMA... Not!

Prime Nog would be top 5 these days, perhaps top 2 or 3, or maybe even the champ; he would have been champ for a very long time if it weren't for Fedor being such a tough stylistic matchup for him.. He was pretty shot by the time he came to the UFC, and yet still won a title.

Yes, Minowaman is a fucking badass.

CrazyDirectKronosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Iz Normal, for me.

Minowaman.gif

Funny how it’s only used against Fedor but he fought other top hw like nig too

sumo is a great style for MMA... Not!

Prime Nog would be top 5 these days, perhaps top 2 or 3, or maybe even the champ; he would have been champ for a very long time if it weren't for Fedor being such a tough stylistic matchup for him.. He was pretty shot by the time he came to the UFC, and yet still won a title.

Zulu isn't a sumo wrestler, he's a MMA/street fighter with BJJ training.
In fact he beat a sumo wrestler in his MMA debut.

Sumo can be good base though, look at Baruto Kaito. He's legit although I suspect it's more due to his judo background.

Same. Given how MMA has evolved, I want to see MWs and WWs versus giants like Sumo wrestlers and Bob Sapp types.

Imagine Bisping vs a modern Sapp. Would be nuts.
Still happening in Rizin. Gabi Garcia ve a 53yo grandma on this NYE
Sakakibara-Gabi-Garcia-Shinobu-i-Takada.jpg

Sumo can be good base though, look at Baruto Kaito. He's legit although I suspect it's more due to his judo background.
Zuluzinho learnt from his father a wrestling style, Tarracá, a native Brazilian style.

A good base? It better be the base WAY down at the very bottom with a whole lot on top. Can you name a sumo that has been successful in MMA? There was a circus-like entertainment in early MMA with them, but in the end, they were always punching bags. It would be really hard to beat an athletic big guy for someone built like a sumo. Not a physique that lends itself to beating elite athletes in MMA.

God... I miss the good old Pride FC days. These matches might not be history making. But very fun to watch.

Big Nog had something like 24 fights in the span of 5 years fighting in PRIDE. Guy fought anyone and everyone. Is normal.

Weird as it sounds, people were a little scared of Zuluzinho until Fedor dispatched him. He was a massive dude that knocked out just about everyone against him other than the time he fell out of the ring. Then people realized he wasn't as durable as he seemed, tapping to Fedor's strikes and Nog's armbar, and then I think Butterbean too actually.

Not a single person was afraid of Zulu. I don’t kno what the heck you’re going on about. Homie was a joke.

Back