NoGi Worlds 2018

I mean you are an ex Adcc absolute champ. You are competing in high level grappling since practically forever.. how can you not trust your skills to the point of what we've seen? Why even sign up at all if you think of yourself so low and outclassed that you are not even trying.

The 47-0 guy made more sense than him.. lol.

Doesn't make sense at all. I can understand a guy faking an injury to save face but not trying to win seems like the most ego killing thing ever.

I’m honestly surprised that the guy he beat actually signed up for this. He’s leagues behind the rest of the competition. And out of shape it seems. Dude gassed in like 2 minutes. Could have been nerves. But this was a total freebie for Gordon.

Give the guy credit for signing up and showing up. You never know who you'll get drawn against.

He'll now get his 15 mins of fame whether he likes it or not

What a disappointment Cyborg was.. spent 10 minutes afraid, barely engaging at all just to retreat immediately, and most of all trying to strike Gordon at the end.. man I thought he was way better than this.

Same. Pretty disappointed. Cyborg is one of my favorites. He pulled a Schaub. And threw in some strikes. I mean, win or lose, go out with honor. Don’t get yourself DQ’d out of fear.

Give the guy credit for signing up and showing up. You never know who you'll get drawn against.

He'll now get his 15 mins of fame whether he likes it or not

15 minutes of shame you mean.

Double gold. But ppl will still say he’s only good in no gi. Maybe. But I mean, who can deny that the kid is legit. Adcc and now double ibjjf gold? Cmon.

Despite his over the top antics, he’s my favorite grappler to watch right now.

Lmao. I don’t believe in participation trophies.

I don't think that guy is asking for a participation trophy (least not that we all know of). He went out there with the intention to do his best and test himself. Unfortunately for him he was a fly hitting a bullet train and was found severely wanting.

Last edited:
The DVD doesn't show all the stuff they do. Danaher didn't manage to fit the whole system in.

Do tell? what matches to watch? I would think a lot of theit EBI stuff is still available to watch without a subscriptiin.

Also the dvd is excruiating. I've been trying to get past the first dvd for months.

Also why are people giving 47-0 guy shit? I would love to pull gordon ryan in any match just to do it. It's like being in those old AND1 mixtapes (i.e. AOJ). I'd love to get dunked on by Gui. It's a rite of passage.

Also wtf? Grippo choked Barbosa? I'm assuming this isn't Lucas from Atos.

Man Hinger looked great. His north south game was killer.

Lots of back attacks this year. Lots of good takedowns and guard passing too. I’ve only been able to peek in at different matches after they happen, but it was a fun event this year.

Double gold. But ppl will still say he’s only good in no gi. Maybe. But I mean, who can deny that the kid is legit. Adcc and now double ibjjf gold? Cmon.

Despite his over the top antics, he’s my favorite grappler to watch right now.
Yeah he's my favorite grappler to watch since Marcelo and Rafa. He's got that it factor when he steps on the mat. Everyone watching is watching him to see him win or lose. It's fun to have a guy like that in the sport that apologizes for not getting the submission.

Honest question. Where do you put him all time for no gi if he double golds at adcc next year? I know that's a big IF but it's not THAT far fetched either. If he does I think you could argue that he's the best to ever do it without the gi.

At this point if he's as frustrated with gi training as he says he is I think he should just jump over to mma and accept the praise he will get as already being one of the best to ever do it no gi.

Also why are people giving 47-0 guy shit? I would love to pull gordon ryan in any match just to do it. It's like being in those old AND1 mixtapes (i.e. AOJ). I'd love to get dunked on by Gui. It's a rite of passage.

Also wtf? Grippo choked Barbosa? I'm assuming this isn't Lucas from Atos.
No, it's Marcio Andre (his last name is Barbosa)

The DVD doesn't show all the stuff they do. Danaher didn't manage to fit the whole system in.
I have spent a couple years studying their back system and I thought it did a pretty good job. A couple of very specific grip fighting sequences weren't there but for the most part I didn't see much that was missing?

I still think it's the best set out there for a comprehensive breakdown of how to submit someone once you've taken the back.

Yeah he's my favorite grappler to watch since Marcelo and Rafa. He's got that it factor when he steps on the mat. Everyone watching is watching him to see him win or lose. It's fun to have a guy like that in the sport that apologizes for not getting the submission.

Honest question. Where do you put him all time for no gi if he double golds at adcc next year? I know that's a big IF but it's not THAT far fetched either. If he does I think you could argue that he's the best to ever do it without the gi.

At this point if he's as frustrated with gi training as he says he is I think he should just jump over to mma and accept the praise he will get as already being one of the best to ever do it no gi.

I like how he wears the crown. and also how his parents paid for him to train jitz while guys like Marcelo slept on the mats.

I like how he wears the crown. and also how his parents paid for him to train jitz while guys like Marcelo slept on the mats.
I know you're being sarcastic but I don't like either of those things either assuming the latter is true. I don't know their financial situation but I always heard he basically grew up in a trailer park but I could have heard wrong.

I'm only speaking of what I see when they step on the mats.

Back