No WMMA fights for UFC Stockholm...Coincidence, or Are Euro Fans Not into WMMA as Much?

Probably a mixture of both if truth be told.

well the euros are in general more cerebral than the ameriburgers so it'd make sense they reject the inferior product that is WMMA

They try to stack cards with locals, and I would guess there are few or no European female fighters available to take a fight. That's my guess. I think Europeans probably enjoy WMMA as much as anyone. Joanna did a main event in Germany, if I recall, and it did well.

Only a special demographic of people who think they are hardcore fans, but can't tell how awful the women are compared to men enjoy WMMA

Lansberg wanted on that card, but maybe the UFC were afraid her face would end up like it did in the Pudilova fight. The liberal Swedes would probably ban MMA if something like that happened in their jurisdiction.

Son-you-need-a-girlfriend-cartoon.jpg

Pretty weak card on paper but the fact that it doesn't have any WMMA spam might just make it worth watching.

And hopefully it's an indication that the Euros are wise enough to reject WMMA on their already watered down cards.

<{titihmm}>

Americans aren't even into it, the difference is the UFC Already has an established market here so they can shove it down our throat

I dont think they like WMMA less. Females in general probably get more fights in europe than they would in USA. Just they dont have local WMMA fighters to put on and they need to fill those slots.

Or what? Thoughts?
There needs to be a womans fight dead center in the middle of the card because thats a great time to have a bathroom break, catch up on texts, run out for beer, or prepare some snacks without missing anything good.

There needs to be a womans fight dead center in the middle of the card because thats a great time to have a bathroom break, catch up on texts, run out for beer, or prepare some snacks without missing anything good.

That's what guys like Tyron Woodley or GSP are for.

well the euros are in general more cerebral than the ameriburgers so it'd make sense they reject the inferior product that is WMMA
this, i'm generally not entertained by wmma cause the men are better both physically and technically. not saying they don't deserve the same spotlight

They can't let women fight with all those Muslims in Sweden they will pull an Ariana Grande.

Maybe UFC doesn't want their female fighters getting raped by refugees?

Only a special demographic of people who think they are hardcore fans, but can't tell how awful the women are compared to men enjoy WMMA
Only people who have no idea what they're talking about think that women are awful, compared to men.

This and the fact that according to the War Room Stockholm is just basically a bunch of terrorist Muslims who would never see a woman not in a burqa.

Back