No Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm still skeptical on the actual size of this game. I'll have to wait for more information to come out, just can't see how they could create too much detail into so many worlds. Some he said people may never reach.

After the whole destiny is being built to be a 10 year game and that seems to have fizzled for the most part (yes i know new dlc is coming). It just seems that they're isn't as much buzz around destiny as when it first came out. Anyways, the way destiny has been going i'm just skeptical now about the grand scheme of some of these games.

People talking about this like it looked amazing graphically confuses me. I certainly not a person who truly cares about graphics(as in gameplay is more important as long as it doesn't look really really bad) but the graphics didn't seem all that impressive and after seeing how massive the game is it doesn't surprise me why it didn't look insane. Don't get me wrong it looks pretty good but the way people were talking I was thinking it would look substantially better.

So the idea is basically just to explore and shit? I get you can upgrade, trade and fight endlessly but other than that just explore shit? I think the idea sounds good at first but I think I would be bored quite quickly.

Did they just basically computer random generate a million planets or something?

I'm somewhat intrigued, I'll watch for more info.

It's being said the end goal is to reach the center of the universe for people that want to know the purpose...most people that will be into this game probably aren't looking to "finish" the game and won't even try to get to the center...

From what we know it is Minecraft like in the sense that you will play it how you want to play it...

i'm still skeptical on the actual size of this game. I'll have to wait for more information to come out, just can't see how they could create too much detail into so many worlds. Some he said people may never reach.

After the whole destiny is being built to be a 10 year game and that seems to have fizzled for the most part (yes i know new dlc is coming). It just seems that they're isn't as much buzz around destiny as when it first came out. Anyways, the way destiny has been going i'm just skeptical now about the grand scheme of some of these games.

If I had to guess they made 10,000's of features, plants, life, etc and then made a random planet generator that randomized it all.

Game looks interesting to me. It just looks like a fun game to relax with. Definitely going to be a PC purchase though. Feels better suited.

Who is mentioning graphics? I've seen people say it looks good, that doesn't mean they are hailing the graphics...

@Pau, I do burn so I'm going to love this...:icon_chee

Some games you just gotta, to enjoy it.

I can play the shit out of some Day Z...but not if I haven't been smoking.

If I had to guess they made 10,000's of features, plants, life, etc and then made a random planet generator that randomized it all.

It's certainly ambitious. In the presentation he mentioned sentinels who are tasked with protecting the planets from explorers. Wonder how many other enemy types there are?

If it's like Minecraft does that mean you can build things on the planets themselves? Like maybe settlements or even cities? That would blow people away. And then imagine a multiplayer option where your planet could be invaded. Sounds too crazy to be possible.

It's certainly ambitious. In the presentation he mentioned sentinels who are tasked with protecting the planets from explorers. Wonder how many other enemy types there are?

If it's like Minecraft does that mean you can build things on the planets themselves? Like maybe settlements or even cities? That would blow people away. And then imagine a multiplayer option where your planet could be invaded. Sounds too crazy to be possible.

Unfortunately, I believe his Minecraft comparison is basically just how they are similar, mission and goal wise. Where as, there isn't really one. You can kind of do as you please. Not really in the actual game play or building components.

Some games you just gotta, to enjoy it.

I can play the shit out of some Day Z...but not if I haven't been smoking.

Lol it goes the other way also...some games I can't play when I just smoked up...

Unfortunately, I believe his Minecraft comparison is basically just how they are similar, mission and goal wise. Where as, there isn't really one. You can kind of do as you please. Not really in the actual game play or building components.

Correct...I will be channel surfing these next two days between the major gaming streams for No Man's Sky doing a stage floor demo/interview show off...those are usually the best ways to get answers at E3...

Yeah there's no way. That would be a huge undertaking for a major studio, never mind a small team like Hello Games.

that makes more sense, would explain how some people may never get to visit some of the planets as well. Seems real ambitious though

I could see this game massively disappointing a lot of people. It seems to offer to much.

will it have a story or any direction? or is it just hyper speed here there everywhere for no reason, everyone will get bored relatively soon if thats the case

Rumor is it might be a launch day title for Project Morpheus and that's why he couldn't give a release date yet...

It seems more like a shell of a game, the biggest open world eva with nothing to do but 'discover' and shoot stuff, I think it will get old fast.

It seems more like a shell of a game, the biggest open world eva with nothing to do but 'discover' and shoot stuff, I think it will get old fast.

Still better than 100% of all FPS where all you do is shoot stuff.

There's already a bunch of games that are pretty similar, just maybe not with the planet travel thing. It'll need to do a lot to stand out of the pack on the PC. It's like making a new zombie survival game, the field is pretty full even if you have unique features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back