NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v3: Still noobs at online gaming | Page 39

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by HairdewX, Jul 19, 2017.

1. HairdewX Blue Belt

HairdewX
  2. Shoemaker ****BOILERPLATE****

Shoemaker
    A Boat With Shannon Briggs, Right Behind You
    He's probably by favorite video game reviewer. In fact he's the only one I watch. Sometimes his accent sounds weird to me but whatever, his reviews are usually good and he really takes the time to edit and bring out the humor.

SaiWa likes this.
  3. Da_Rev_Ong Green Belt

Da_Rev_Ong
    No need to reference previous games. The only ones that are like that are Ys I & II and they're sold in a bundle together. All the other ones that you will find are either a prequel to the whole series (Ys Origin), or it skips to Ys VI (Ark of Napishtim). If I remember, Ys III: Wanderers from Ys is a side-scroller (the only in the group) and was released in English for the SNES and Sega Genesis. Ys IV: Mask of the Sun, and Ys V: Kingdom of Sand have never been localized into English (you can find them on the Super Famicom and PS2 respectively). Those games take place in a top-down view like LoZ or SoM, just like the rest of the games in the series.

If you're interested in the other games, you can find the majority of them on Steam. I recommend them all, but Ys I & II (Chronicles) is pretty hard to get back into if you get familiar with the newer engine of the games from VI and after.

Man, if I knew it was going to hit the Switch I would have waited. I picked up the PS4 version a few months ago.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 6:41 PM
    Plissken likes this.
  4. Da_Rev_Ong Green Belt

Da_Rev_Ong
    HairdewX likes this.
  5. Eazy123 Brown Belt

Eazy123
    His Xenoblade views are spot on imo

6. method115 Steel Belt

method115
    Anyone played Furi yet? Took a look at the gameplay looks pretty fun. In the middle of Mario now but honestly it's starting to get a bit boring might move on without finishing it. Got 6 worlds left plus that extra content and I'm just not feelin it. I'm looking at Skyrim, Resident Evil, or Furi. I was thinking Rime but heard it runs terrible.

7. SaiWa Purple Belt

SaiWa
    Just beat the game.. get the bare minimum number of moons and move on. You can always go back and collect everything else later.

That’s what I did and then I unlocked the other sets of moons and whenever I feel like playing Mario I hit one of the worlds and try to clear as much as i can.

8. Eazy123 Brown Belt

Eazy123
    I got it on PS4 soon as it came out. Waa tempted to double dip on switch but said nah

Soundtrack is great and gameplay is tight but it's basically a boss rush game like cuphead.

If you haven't played it before it's good but will make you rage. It's not easy.

9. method115 Steel Belt

method115
    I wasn’t thinking of doing this and most likely will. My wife still wants to play it so not like I can get rid of it for money might as well finish it.

Ah that’s why the gameplay vida showed boss after boss. Might have to try this out looks really good.

10. kevy2pale size 33 belt

kevy2pale
    Been playing gear club... Not sure who makes it. Also have NBA 2k, Mario, Some neo geo fighting game..Might pick up zelda for it I returned my wii u copy.

SaiWa likes this.
  11. Plissken Silver Belt

Plissken
    I remember people begging for the story mode to come back to Mario Golf, so Mario Tennis getting one likely lit up a lot of fans' eyes.

HairdewX and doomrider7 like this.
  12. FightsFTW Red Belt

FightsFTW
    I really enjoyed the Nintendo Direct, some very nice announcements. Definitely gonna be getting DS, Mario Tennis, TWEWY and Donkey Kong. The others I'll have to wait and see if for reviews and if they entice me. Looks like I bought a switch at the right time, glad I waited. I bought it with Mario and so far I have not put it down since.

So far I've beaten Mario, Zelda and am now working through Xenoblade Chronicles 2, also have Rocket League for that online itch.. Glad to see theres more stuff in the near future to look forward to.

method115 likes this.
  13. method115 Steel Belt

method115
    Yep I've gotten really luck in that all these other third party games being release I never played but wanted to. Doom, RE, La Noire. I did play skyrim but I never got to finish it.

doomrider7 likes this.
  14. Dinkin_Flicka So easy it's hard

Dinkin_Flicka
    Getting ready to board a flight from WA to VA. Praise be to Switch!!

doomrider7 and method115 like this.
  15. Fatt Hughes Brown Belt

Fatt Hughes
    Just finished an indie game called Guns, Gore, and Canoli. Great time-wasting game, good pacing, action, and colorful sprites/animation. Those with kiddos may want to check this out as it has multiplayer, and easy very easy to grasp.