NHL: SJ Sharks get Erik Karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, let's say someone offered Nylander the 8.113 million dollars for 5 year deal and he signed, would the Leafs match? Follow up question: let's say they did, would Leafs fans have hurt butts about it?

Yeah we would have very hurt butts

Jets

Laine bless

You have an excellent team.

It seems all other Canadian fans hate the leafs.

Leafs fans only tend to hate Montreal and Ottawa.

Personally I like the Western teams. I was going for the Jets last playoffs once the leafs were out.

I only hate Montreal especially. Hope they move to Houston then fold.

I like making fun of the Leafs but it would be awesome if they won a Cup. The whole province would be a party for days, I've got an old Sundin jersey ready to blend in with the drunken masses. I could take or leave all the West teams except Winnipeg. Jets fans kept the faith and hopefully they'll get their reward soon. Habs have had some great players, I just hate their whole organization at the moment. Same with the Sens to be honest. Wish we'd got that Hamilton team, would have been lit.

The Rangers are awful this year. I wish a Crosby or McDavid talent was in the draft.

The Rangers are awful this year. I wish a Crosby or McDavid talent was in the draft.

Jack Hughes is a stud

Not a Crosby or McDavid but you can easily build a cup contender around a kid like that. I've seen the Patrick Kane comparison thrown around a fair bit and a lot of people consider him the best prospect since Matthews. Kakko looks like a really nice player too

You have an excellent team.

It seems all other Canadian fans hate the leafs.

My hate stems from when I was kid going to the old Jets 1.0 games when they were playing the leafs. It would be just as loud in the arena when Toronto scored as it was when the Jets did. As a kid I would get rustled as fuck. Same went for Montreal games. Those fan bases go from coast to coast.

So, let's say someone offered Nylander the 8.113 million dollars for 5 year deal and he signed, would the Leafs match? Follow up question: let's say they did, would Leafs fans have hurt butts about it?

Nope - trade him for that

Can No Trade or No Movement clauses get included in offersheets?

Can No Trade or No Movement clauses get included in offersheets?

I think yes but the original team doesn't have to honour it. Although, Nylander isn't eligible for an NTC/NMC at this point in his career, IIRC.

So you'd match and then trade?

Yep, he's not worth near 8 mill at this point but he's worth more than the compensation package he'd get for that offer sheet. I'd work out a sign and trade for a top 4D + assets

No team is gonna sign Nylander to an offer sheet. He's gonna want more than 6.5, and that's way too many picks for a guy like that.

No team is gonna sign Nylander to an offer sheet. He's gonna want more than 6.5, and that's way too many picks for a guy like that.

A first, second and a third is what VGK payed for Tatar last year, for reference purposes. That's all Toronto would be entitled to with the deal that I proposed.

I'm not actually sure why no one's done it.

A first, second and a third is what VGK payed for Tatar last year, for reference purposes. That's all Toronto would be entitled to with the deal that I proposed.

For some reason I thought the 4 pick threshold was a little lower. I like Nylander for 1/2/3, though it should be pointed out that most people were a little dubious of that Vegas trade, McPhee was still basking in the warmth of his team wrecking shop so it wasn't talked about more.

For some reason I thought the 4 pick threshold was a little lower. I like Nylander for 1/2/3, though it should be pointed out that most people were a little dubious of that Vegas trade, McPhee was still basking in the warmth of his team wrecking shop so it wasn't talked about more.

A contract with a 6.5 AAV could push above the threshold (I believe it's 8.114 or somewhere in that ball park) because the clause says that the total value of the contract should be averaged over the lesser of 5 years, or the length of the contract. Hence why I proposed an offer sheet of 8.113 over 5 years.

You have to have the cap space and draft picks to offer sheet him + it has to make sense for your team.

The only teams who fit all 3 are Carolina and Colorado and both teams would benefit more from a sign and trade than they would from the offer sheet itself, especially since the Leafs would almost certainly match any offer than didn't enter into 4 1st round pick territory.

You have to have the cap space and draft picks to offer sheet him + it has to make sense for your team.

The only teams who fit all 3 are Carolina and Colorado and both teams would benefit more from a sign and trade than they would from the offer sheet itself, especially since the Leafs would almost certainly match any offer than didn't enter into 4 1st round pick territory.

leafs couldnt match 8 million aav and still sign matthews and marner unless they took ungodly cuts. Theres an argument that it may be in the best interest if the leafs look into trades and focus on acquiring immediate D help (they lose Gardiner for sure to free agency) and have room to sign matthews, marner and kapenen while having money to replace all the players the lose on defense this year. I mean, keeping nylander is obviously first choice but december is rapidly approaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back