NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

Livin on a prayer lyrics pretty literal for Edmonton now. Although the tougher half is left.

Bettors giving the western teams slightly better odds of winning. Dallas is the slight favourite over Edmonton.

Dallas 3.30
Edmonton 3.40
Florida 3.70
New York 4.50

I don't watch the eastern teams much so I'm not sure why the western teams are being slightly favoured over them. I would've expected the opposite. For Edmonton maybe their power play/penalty kill combo. Although the Rangers look very strong in that regard as well.
Just the odds makers trying to move money.

Just the odds makers trying to move money.

People brush them off, but I know from years of filling out brackets that betting odds are much more accurate than peoples' picks or popular sentiment. I used to fill out tennis grand slam brackets all the time and it was funny seeing guys getting cute picking underdogs and getting burned over and over. Although there's the upside in that if they get lucky it's unlikely many other people made the same pick.

In this case they're all pretty close anyway. There basically isn't a clear favourite or underdog. That doesn't mean the series' will be close though.

Last edited:
Stars . Mavs . Rangers . Cowboys

giphy.gif
One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong...

People brush them off, but I know from years of filling out brackets that betting odds are much more accurate than peoples' picks or popular sentiment. I used to fill out tennis grand slam brackets all the time and it was funny seeing guys getting cute picking underdogs and getting burned over and over. Although there's the upside in that if they get lucky it's unlikely many other people made the same pick.

In this case they're all pretty close anyway. There basically isn't a clear favourite or underdog. That doesn't mean the series' will be close though.
I don't think the Oilers have a chance just because of goaltending (and I think McDavid is injured). The other three are all legit threats with I think Florida being my pick.

So that's the trick with letting Skinner start. Terrify the players with his presence, so that they block 60% of the shots.

• Haha
Reactions: PND
MacKinnon definitely turns it up a notch in the playoffs, although you'll still see similar play from him throughout the regular season. We get a little too caught up in pucks going in and assists being tallied rather than just absorbing the play on the ice. I have more fun watching MacKinnon than anybody else. He has a different kind of aggression that you just don't see.

I feel like McDavid goes completely missing in the playoffs in a couple of games every series. Maybe it's just me, but my takeaway from McDavid never reaching the finals (besides awful goaltending) is his lack of intensity come playoff time. You never really see him turn it up a notch, but maybe he's just always consistently playing to his full potential.
He currently has 21 points in 12 games. Going missing?

Reactions: PND
He currently has 21 points in 12 games. Going missing?
He does tend to get points in bunches. I still think he's hurt which is why he is passing even more than usual.

I just saw a stat that the Oilers are the first team in history to have 3 players with at least 20 points through 2 rounds. McDavid, Leon, and Evan.

That's pretty fucking nuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
john_k47
Back