NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

GMdcgZ_W4AE7zqY

we didnt have this guy, or connor mcdavid, but only losers make excuses.

just sitting here rewinding back the years trying to find an oilers game to watch when they beat the canucks.

how about you? did you get that crying towel dried out and ready for friday?

lol. If the Canucks do pull off the upset I promise to stop calling them the Cucks. I will start calling them... the Mighty Cucks, which is a name they won't shed until they separate themselves from small market franchises Ottawa and Winnipeg and win a cup. At this point I think the series is close to a toss up. From what I read, the Oilers played passive trying to protect their lead, which isn't their game, and Skinner did indeed crap the bed.

Last edited:
So here's the official list of possible names for the new Utah franchise:

Utah Black Diamonds, Utah Blast, Utah Blizzard, Utah Canyons, Utah Caribou, Utah Freeze, Utah Frost, Utah Fury, Utah Glaciers, Utah HC, Utah Hive, Utah Ice, Utah Mammoth, Utah Mountaineers, Utah Outlaws, Utah Powder, Utah Squall, Utah Swarm, Utah Venom, and Utah Yeti

Hmmmm, not too big of fan of any of them. a lot of WNBA team names there lol. I fucking hate that Yeti is an option because you just know people are gonna vote for it.

What names are yall going with?

Won't matter until Shanahan is gone too.
That won't matter much either. They're not the ones disappearing up their own assholes in the playoffs.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they've rested on it being a coaching problem, and will make no significant changes to the roster. Only way I see that happening is if they're in 11th place come the trade deadline. That's the only way those no-trade clauses are gonna be lifted by the players.

Utah Black Diamonds, Utah Blast, Utah Blizzard, Utah Canyons, Utah Caribou, Utah Freeze, Utah Frost, Utah Fury, Utah Glaciers, Utah HC, Utah Hive, Utah Ice, Utah Mammoth, Utah Mountaineers, Utah Outlaws, Utah Powder, Utah Squall, Utah Swarm, Utah Venom, and Utah Yeti

Hmmmm, not too big of fan of any of them. a lot of WNBA team names there lol. I fucking hate that Yeti is an option because you just know people are gonna vote for it.

Most names sound stupid before you get used to them. The "Raptors" sounded dumb as hell, and was only chosen by the fans because of the popularity of Jurassic Park. Same with "The Mighty Ducks" in Anaheim.

Once the marketing teams get a hold of whatever stupid ass name they go with, it'll start to feel natural.

Personally, I like the Utah Venom.

Black Diamonds is kind of catchy and you could have some fun with it. Blizzard would be a decent option.

I was a bit concerned even in the 2nd period when they were up 4-1. They were getting outplayed pretty handily in the 2nd. Hopefully it's just thanks to their extended break. I will say that if they lose a 7 game series to a team like this playing with their semi-pro goalie it will be well earned and I'm not sure what moves they make.

Both goalies with sub .800 save percent... I guess shopping around for a replacement for Skinner again would be a start. I didn't watch the 3rd though so I'm not sure how at fault he was.
Colorado vs. Edmonton could be a Western Conference Final match up for 8/10 seasons if both teams had a goalie. Lol. In fairness to Skinner, like you mentioned, the Oilers were just outplayed for most of the game. Connor didn't even get a shot off all game and they still managed 4 goals in spite of his performance.

Salt Lake has a better ring to a lot of these names than the state of Utah. Salt Lake Swarm sounds better than Utah swarm.

I vote Salt Lake Mormons or Utah Tabernacles

Edmonton didn't have McDavid last night either <lol>

our defense held him to 0 shots on goal

for the first time in his career in the playoffs McDiver was held to zero shots, but vancouver has “no chance”

Last edited:
the oilers haven't won a game in over a week now. not sure if they should fire their coach or relocate.

Buddy of mine HATES hockey teams that aren't a group (pretty much anything that doesn't end with a S). Hates the Avalanche (that and he's from Montreal so hated the Nords from birth) and Lightning for this very reason.

Why do all the names look like they're trying to name a paintball team?????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wavemeter
Back