NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

I can understand why they re-upped them. Long term players that brought championships and let's be honest, will likely have their numbers in the rafters one day. But long term contracts and putting that cap hit on them, yeah makes retooling very difficult
Yeah I absolutely get why they did it, but the hole will get deeper and deeper. They also probably assumed that the team would do better than this. It's tough to go to rebuild while still having these legends on the team, that's a hard decision but GMs aren't paid to always pick the easy short term option.

Yeah I absolutely get why they did it, but the hole will get deeper and deeper. They also probably assumed that the team would do better than this. It's tough to go to rebuild while still having these legends on the team, that's a hard decision but GMs aren't paid to always pick the easy short term option.

I don't think many would have thought the team would be doing better. It all comes down to AAV and term. Unfortunately the contracts are bad on both fronts which doesn't give much flexibility to improve the team

If he’d come back to continue helping the leafs suck I’d support it in that regard. The Toronto media is insufferable though.

Not just the media. Everyone related are insufferable. The fans are toxic. They actually got worse AFTER winning. How's that supposed to work???

Big game vs the Islanders today (first time I've ever said that)

Fuck Roy.

Exciting game between the Bruins & Rangers tonight. Hope both teams ESAL.

Knights best team in the OHL. Let's go. OHL Cup then on to the Memorial Cup. Redemption from last season.

I knew this day was coming eventually. Penguins screwed the pooch when Letang and Malkin had their contracts come up and didn't just cut bait (with Malkin at least) and start the rebuild then.

I have a feeling they are about to enter the "team is in danger of moving" phase again.
Don't worry they'll end up drafting Bedards cousin, who's lighting shit up, in like 27 or whatever year hes eligible. Penguins must be given a generational talent shortly before the last one retires. I think it's actually in CBA.

Back