New Q&A on Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.
thankyou mtfly.
hope he has natural ability like our daughter, if its a he.

1 beautiful daughter.
whatever we have, not matter, as long as its healthy.

and looks like mum, not me.

I'm thinking about going to Thailand for a week or two this summer, really looking into Sinbi. I do have one question though, would there be any problem taking my insulin over, I'm a type one diabetic.

I'm thinking about going to Thailand for a week or two this summer, really looking into Sinbi. I do have one question though, would there be any problem taking my insulin over, I'm a type one diabetic.

Just bring your prescription and you'll be fine.

Thank you very much :)
I'm really excited, been wanting to go to Thailand for nearly 3 years now but was in High school and had no money lol

as an FYI I just got an email from the US Embassy talking about evacuating certain areas in Bangkok.

I got that email the day we got here, what luck lol

hey guys, what are your tipps/gameplan to fight a Thai/traditional Thai style fighter? I'am fighting one in less then 3 weeks, and I did mostly train boxing and suck at kicking (except lowkicks) and, to a lesser extent, chlinching. So a little bit like the classic dutch vs thai muay thai... what combinations, movements, tactics work?

hey guys, what are your tipps/gameplan to fight a Thai/traditional Thai style fighter? I'am fighting one in less then 3 weeks, and I did mostly train boxing and suck at kicking (except lowkicks) and, to a lesser extent, chlinching. So a little bit like the classic dutch vs thai muay thai... what combinations, movements, tactics work?

Make sure he gets food poisoning/other devastating ailment before the fight or by the sounds of it you are in deep trouble. :)

Also, you posted in the wrong thread.

Make sure he gets food poisoning/other devastating ailment before the fight or by the sounds of it you are in deep trouble. :)

Also, you posted in the wrong thread.

Gnah, I don't think it's going to be that bad, my opponent isn't a professional nak muay and under 20 years old, it's part of a school competition where the school I'm working at is taking part. Also, I'll have a weight advantage of about 15 pound :icon_lol:

Sorry, what is the right thread?

train alot of clinching. Thats where the thais are very very good.

So how is it right now? Do you have difficulty getting around the city? Etc..

Sorry got locked out of my account there and couldn't reply until I got back.

Like Gotobread said there are sandbags everywhere but the water has mostly stayed away. It prevented some touristy stuff we wanted to do and there was a flooded soi or two in Silom when the tide was its highest but no issues getting around safely.

Been in Thailand for over a week now and I haven't had a problem with the flooding. Yes lots of sandbags but all is relatively good

I'll write a full review when I return but sitsongpeenong is awesome! Great training

if you begin to outbox him he will clinch, so if your clinch is not good will be a problem.

Hey guys, so I've finally gotten some things straightened out in my personal life (hit a few road blocks - had a knee surgery back in August for a torn medial meniscus and MCL) and I am planning on going back to Thailand next July. I plan on staying for at least two months. I've only been to Thailand once but that was nearly 4 years ago. What I'm wondering is what it's like out there in July; I'll be flying into Bangkok, where I'll be for 3-4 days, then I'm thinking of heading over to Pattaya for a couple nights just to check it out. From there I'd like to head to Chiang Mai for a while and from there, any one of the islands. Was thinking Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, or Koh Tao. I'm gonna head down to Phuket for a while later on, and either go to Sinbi or Patong Boxing Gym for some training.

If anyone is going to be out there at the time, let me know. I'm still getting back into the groove of MT, and would love to get out there and start training hard again. Would be cool to meet up with some sherdoggers out there.

Also - would it be better to get a two month visa beforehand, or just do a couple visa runs when I get out there? And would it matter if I didn't have a return ticket when I get to Customs in Thailand? I'm not too sure about the current visa requirements, I'll have to check it out.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'll be in Thailand in June/July/August.

Yes, get a visa before you leave. Visa runs suck and are a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back