New metal side project song i did

saugeye killah

No need rope hold up pants.
@Brown
Reaction score
Hey guys. Sorry for the semi shameless plug. This is a song I did with some buddies for the end credits of a local short film. It was kinda one of those "virtual band" things. The other guitarist/engineer guy and the bassist have never even met each other, for example.

I was really pleased with how it came out, but I'm ready for whatever criticism or feedback you guys have to throw my way. Hope some of you dig it.

It sounds like one of Phil Anselmo's many side projects. Really dug thw guitar solo. Not bad my friend.

It sounds like one of Phil Anselmo's many side projects. Really dug thw guitar solo. Not bad my friend.

Thanks for checking it out man! I felt really privileged to work with that singer for sure. He's actually from a bigger (mid tier, think Ill Nino) type band so I'm not even allowed to fully credit him under his real name. He definitely reminds me of Phil sometimes, Dax Riggs or Corey Taylor other times.

And yeah, that guitarist who did the solo killed it. I wrote the song basically and played the rhythm guitars. My old bandmate and friend who plays in some other heavier type bands did the bass. Me and the other guitarist programmed the drums.

Hey guys. Sorry for the semi shameless plug. This is a song I did with some buddies for the end credits of a local short film. It was kinda one of those "virtual band" things. The other guitarist/engineer guy and the bassist have never even met each other, for example.

I was really pleased with how it came out, but I'm ready for whatever criticism or feedback you guys have to throw my way. Hope some of you dig it.

I think it's fantastic. I like the contrast of beautiful melody and screaming intensity, and I like the build-up in intensity and how you do that, and then how you slow it down and calm it down, but keep that intensity going throughout. The vocals and musicianship are solid. I like the devilish sounds the vocalist makes. I like the change of pace at around the 3-minute mark, followed by the guitar solo. It's pretty sophisticated stuff all the different layerings of sound, and it all works for me.Then you tie it up nicely at the end, and I love the acoustic bit and the way the song fades out. Excellent work.

My only criticism, and it's just an opinion not based on anything except where I'm coming from, is that the vocalist keeps repeating "Don't cry for me", and that's such a cliche. It would be better if that one special repeated line was more original.

I think it's fantastic. I like the contrast of beautiful melody and screaming intensity, and I like the build-up in intensity and how you do that, and then how you slow it down and calm it down, but keep that intensity going throughout. The vocals and musicianship are solid. I like the devilish sounds the vocalist makes. I like the change of pace at around the 3-minute mark, followed by the guitar solo. It's pretty sophisticated stuff all the different layerings of sound, and it all works for me.Then you tie it up nicely at the end, and I love the acoustic bit and the way the song fades out. Excellent work.

My only criticism, and it's just an opinion not based on anything except where I'm coming from, is that the vocalist keeps repeating "Don't cry for me", and that's such a cliche. It would be better if that one special repeated line was more original.

Thanks so much for the awesome feedback! Love it. You broke it down beautifully. We definitely appreciate it!

Alright alright alright!Dig it m8!

It needs more distortion from guitar. I think that is what it is called. I am no music technical expert.

Alright alright alright!Dig it m8!

Thanks so much for checking it out! Great to have someone enjoying our stuff..

It needs more distortion from guitar. I think that is what it is called. I am no music technical expert.

One problem I noticed in our mix is that the guitars are panned really hard left and right. Sounds good on a stereo, etc..but if you're listening in mono on a phone the guitars are totally buried. Not that that's exactly what you're talking about, but..

The engineer used a big low pass filter that cut some of the high end off the guitar. I didn't love that, being a guitar player, but it seemed to serve the overall mix.

Back