New Gorillaz, or Speeit Doesn't Know There's a Music Subforum

Da Speeit

TEAM MANLET
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, whatever Bam.

Humanz, April 28
upload_2017-3-23_17-44-22.jpeg

Sounds great. Gorillaz always unique with their musical direction. Never know what you're going to get but they still have that familiar feel about them. Also love that the fictional band member grow along with the music. Damon bless.

Sounds great. Gorillaz always unique with their musical direction. Never know what you're going to get but they still have that familiar feel about them. Also love that the fictional band member grow along with the music. Damon bless.
I love how they take tons of diverse artists, condense what is special about them, and expand it into an entire premise for a song.

Song in the OP was a collaboration with DRAM

He's not a profound guy or an artist I'm very fond of, but there are small seeds off creativity and quality in a lot of his stuff, and here they take upbeat-yet-somber style he's great at purveying and layer it until it is something with more grandiosity without making it cheap. Love it.

I love how they take tons of diverse artists, condense what is special about them, and expand it into an entire premise for a song.

Song in the OP was a collaboration with DRAM

He's not a profound guy or an artist I'm very fond of, but there are small seeds off creativity and quality in a lot of his stuff, and here they take upbeat-yet-somber style he's great at purveying and layer it until it is something with more grandiosity without making it cheap. Love it.

Yep, yep. My favorite collab they did is with Little Dragon in Plastic Beach. Damon and Nagano killed it together. Damon is very good at spotting an atrist and bringing his sound and their sound together. Pretty cool. Hope they continue to make many more albums in the future. Or at least a couple more wouldn't hurt.

Do we count "The Fall" as an album? Wasn't put together like one, and frankly, sucked.

any new tracks featuring Martina Topley Bird?

her voice strums the strings to my soul.

Do we count "The Fall" as an album? Wasn't put together like one, and frankly, sucked.
I mean it was made on tour on a Ipad...Technically still an album... I still like a couple of the tracks. Revolving Door,Shy Town, Amarillo to name a few. Not the best but always hidden gems with the Gorillaz.

What's their best album?

Back