New Authority for Dutch Kickboxing to clean the sport

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Fighting, shootings, drug trafficking and money laundering: these are things that are often called in one breath with the Dutch martial arts sector. The fact that there is no single national federation in this sector, such as football or in speed skating, does not really help. A new 'Martial Arts Authority' should change that.

At present, there are several small groups in the martial arts sector, with all having their own rules. This must end, says Minister of Sports Edith Schippers. She wants unambiguous rules about sport itself, but also about the funding of martial arts schools and gala's, which is currently very shy. To achieve that goal, the so-called Martial Arts Authority has started, which must make the sport "clean".

Financing
The authority also wants to monitor the financing of the sport strictly. Regular sports clubs are associated with money laundering practices. In addition, the financing of large-scale martial arts gala is often not transparent. Shadowy organizers, fighters who would be paid with black money and the expensive VIP tables for a spot in the first place: it is often unclear how the funding is arranged within this sports branch.

Digital contest booklet
There have been a number of rules for sport nowadays. For example, the authority claims that each combatant in a digital contest book maintains important contest information. For example, how often someone is knocked out and how fast someone enters the ring. In addition, it advocates a solid medical check for contest fighters, and stairs and bumps on the head should be banned from children. It has now been shown that brain is still in development at a young age.

Directive
The violence incidents at gala's in Amsterdam and even a shooting at a gala in Hoorn do not contribute to a better image. Amsterdam Mayor Eberhard van der Laan has already called for the gala to be banned in his city as a result of the incidents. But banning gala's seems to be very difficult for municipalities. Therefore, the Martial Arts Authority, together with the Association of Dutch Municipalities, has drawn up a directive. Everyone who wants to organize a gala must ask for a permit (for more than 500 people public). The directive sets out the conditions the organizer must comply with. For example, the organizer must be tested by the municipality "BIBOB": Does the organizer have a criminal record? Are there alleged links with crime? Other conditions include, among other things, that the surveillance must be well organized and there must be clarity about the gala revenue: where does that money come from? Is there a demonstrable white recipe? If the organizer of a gala fails to comply with the directive, the municipality may refuse a license and thus the gala of the job. But not all municipalities are working with the directive.

http://www.eenvandaag.nl/binnenland/74067/nieuwe_vechtsportautoriteit_moet_sport_schoon_maken

How extensive is the kickboxing related crime?

How extensive is the kickboxing related crime?
kickboxing related? I don't how they relate with each other they are I'd figure it would be like the Yakuza stuff that happened in Japan with PrideFC and AJKF. I just remember shows being big there like It's Showtime and the SLAMM events then the shit with Ashwin Balrak happened they're not as high profiled anymore.

Glory needs to move to Vegas, they don't ask questions.

I doubt currently there is too much crime, however I think it's definitely a good idea to consolidate everything under one organization. As long as it doesn't create a disbalance of power between the organization and the fighters.

Back