Never underestimate the benefits of good food

facePuncher7

Founder of the militant wing of the Salvation Army
@Brown
Reaction score
Been feeling terrible last couple of months. Never any energy to train, always just feel like slouching and playing video games, grumpy often just because I feel crap.

Well this week I started paying attention to my diet again, only eating fruit, vegetables and meat, drinking lots of water, cut down on coffee etc and SWEET HEZEKIAH I remember what it's like to actually want to do things now. Sleeping better, lots more energy, actually feeling upbeat and happy at times.

Anyway, my message to you young Padawan, don't put shit in your body, give it what it needs and nothing more and you can be so much better.

giphy.gif

What did you eat on a typical day before?

Breakfast either coffee or coffee + egg & bacon toasted sandwich.
Lunch random - Japanese, Mexican, Italian, but almost always out to eat.
Dinner often Chinese take away, sometimes home cooked food.

That's been the last year or so. Working 55+ hour weeks with an hour commute either side of the work day, it's been tough to find time and energy to get out of the rut.

With the MSG in Chinese food, lack of water in your old diet and all the coffee you were drinking..... Gonna have a bad time.

Congrats on turning it around by yourself. In the US, you'd have seen a Doctor and been prescribed some drugs.

Last edited:
With the MSG in Chinese food, lack of water in your old diet and all the coffee you were drinking..... Gonna have a bad time.

Congrats on turning it around by yourself. In the US, you'd have seen a Doctor and been on prescribed some drugs.

At 31 I think I'm still living on the athleticism from when I trained and competed full time, but it's fading and I haven't been doing enough.

For sure if I didn't have that long period of dedication in my earlier years then I would be in all kinds of trouble.

Went for a run tonight! Did some push-ups and chinups too because BROCCOLI!

Humans digestive system is really best able to break down shit that you find in nature.

Fruits etc.

That has been true for me of late. Grass fed meat for the win! It has me feeling good, along with the other items eaten of late such as brown rice.

Diet has a massive impact on how you feel, as well as adequate sleep and exercise.

I feel so much better than I did a few years ago where I did nothing but sit on my ass eating shit food and smoking weed (which I then blamed for making me lazy).

Humans digestive system is really best able to break down shit that you find in nature.

Fruits etc.

Is that why I'm shitting every 15 minutes after eating more fruits and vegetables yesterday?

100%, and the improved bowel movements ..... oh baby!

Back