Television Netflix - 3 Body Problem

it's waaaay better at CHINESE character building, ye wenjie is exquisitely done, she's a real human being. but you'll run smack in the obvious limitations of filming a culturally significant story in that specific country where culturally significant stories always are given a state approval. you'll see very subtle hints. and anything non-chinese is a joke in term of character development. they might as well called them white person 1, white person 2....
and it doesn't look as good. But the dialogues are better.

so, mixed bag. i saw that one first and i think it's a better adaptation. it's a chinese story, don't forget.
the netflix one is very underdeveloped, you're just running from scene to scene without a real sense of why.

I was curious about how the cultural revolution content would be handled, CCP gets pretty weird about talking about what happened.

But the books seemed to get the stamp of approval from the party.

I might try agsin but it's pretty boring actually thru 5 episodes other than the destruction of that Destroyer in Panama canal.

The idea while simple isxa good premise but terrible execution so far

It's actually amazing how divisive this show is. People either love it or despise it. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground.

It's actually amazing how divisive this show is. People either love it or despise it. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground.

The dividing line is whether IQ is above room temp.

This show is made for midwits to somewhat grasp one of the more complex philosophical sci fi novels of the past 20 years.

The dividing line is whether IQ is above room temp.

This show is made for midwits to somewhat grasp one of the more complex philosophical sci fi novels of the past 20 years.
The novels kicked butt. My favorite sci-fi in recent memory. There was never going to be anyway a westerner was going to pull it off. The scale is too big anyway for anyone to pull it off.

Saw the first episode. The forced racially diverse cast distracts me too much from the story.

The communists flashbacks were the most interesting parts, but even that, why did the one guy with glasses looked like he was from modern times?

Isn’t this being done by the same cans that ruined GOT? Prob gonna be garbage.

"The aliens kind of forgot about time dilation." <lmao>
sdbdcefw1jw21.jpg

5 of 10 maybe.

If your going to have a boring season 1 then you need good acting, interesting characters, and a great set up for season 2 . This had nothing of it. The flash backs were not terrible and the VR wasn't thst bad but wow 80% of series was terriblecan boring. I wanted to like this.

Binged it today, it was OK. Interested to see how they keep the story going. 6/10, will watch next season as I feel invested now lol

I binge watched it and thought it was great. I liked the cast and the variety of different thoughts and personalities on how to "deal with" an alien invasion. With how the season ended, there's a lot of ways the show can go.
Never read the books so have nothing to compare it to, but hopefully this gets picked up for more seasons.

I binge watched it and thought it was great. I liked the cast and the variety of different thoughts and personalities on how to "deal with" an alien invasion. With how the season ended, there's a lot of ways the show can go.
Never read the books so have nothing to compare it to, but hopefully this gets picked up for more seasons.
That’s good to hear from a viewer that hasn’t read the books. I haven’t got a chance to dive in to the series yet as i want to finish another show first. But I’m guessing that the show was made fo draw in the non-book readers. A lot of other positive reviews I’ve read seem to be from people that aren’t all “yeah, but the books blah blah blah” or “yeah but the Chinese version, blah blah blah”. Seems like if viewing with no preconceived bias, it’s a great show.

I’ve read the books but I’m also more of a glass half full type of guy, so I’m just happy this got made and look forward to how the story is presented with a big budget on Netflix.

That’s good to hear from a viewer that hasn’t read the books. I haven’t got a chance to dive in to the series yet as i want to finish another show first. But I’m guessing that the show was made fo draw in the non-book readers. A lot of other positive reviews I’ve read seem to be from people that aren’t all “yeah, but the books blah blah blah” or “yeah but the Chinese version, blah blah blah”. Seems like if viewing with no preconceived bias, it’s a great show.

I’ve read the books but I’m also more of a glass half full type of guy, so I’m just happy this got made and look forward to how the story is presented with a big budget on Netflix.
Yeahhh, I think people need to accept that live action can't always perfectly bring to life what they read in books, especially when we're talking about long series with complex subjects and characters.
Even when I have read the books/manga/comics beforehand, I treat them like a separate thing for the most part, so I can enjoy it for what it is.

With the amount of time and money it takes to make live-action TV/Movies, it's just not feasible, or even possible to go into the amount of detail you can in a book. I can see how this could have very easily been a convoluted mess.
I found it thought provoking, and it's got me interested to read the books.

What's the other show you're watching? I think we tend to have similar tastes, so just curious.

On episode 4. Not too bad, but it had to be dumbed down a bit for the Netflix masses. Like usual the books are better. I plan on watching it play out. It's been better than I thought it would be so far.

Meh, not horrible and not great. By the end of the season I was waiting for it to end which isn’t great.

Watched the trailer last night and thought....I have no idea what's it about.

I hardly ever watch a show from its premiere. I dont know how you folks do it.

Watched the trailer last night and thought....I have no idea what's it about.

I hardly ever watch a show from its premiere. I dont know how you folks do it.
When you finish last episode you won't known much more as to what.its about either.

Just got to episode 6……Biden’s world

Back