Nemkov: Fedor had back injury and trained less than two weeks for this fight

Does not matter much.

He really gave it all, glad he was not KOed, 46 is too much. At that age you have to decline more and more, without PEDs of course :).

Nice ending after all, and all the fighters that came to the cage, no other fighter got that much respect. Nice moment.

I always remember Fedor's talk after Bigfoot fight, when he said, maybe it is time to retire, at that point he felt the age and physical decline. Mentally he never lost it, that is why he tried one last time.

Since this is a Fedor thread about his team giving reasons for Fedor not being at his best. I believe his team said Bigfoot used voodoo to defeat Fedor when they fought (they actually did).

edit: found it https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/fed...cal-technology-for-his-loss-to-bigfoot-silva/

They’re definitely not going to pull out of a big event on CBS meant to showcase Fedor and his team.
In Fedor’s case, I think being injured is his default setting now lol. He clearly keeps himself in good physical condition for a 46 year old, but his body can’t do the things that have to be done in fight camp to perform at a “fight ready” level. If it wasn’t a back injury, it’d have been his knees; if it wasn’t his knees, it’d have been his fucked up hands; if it wasn’t his hands, it’d have been his fucked up nose. He’s just physically falling apart.

He got the fight he wanted, was in good spirits, and at least in good enough shape to warm up, which is better than last time. C’est la vie.

Yeah that is life in your 40s lol, it's probably best to just assume anyone that age is automatically injured.

He should have walked away on that Johnson win and if not that then he should have fought someone his age for his last fight. Fedor is a G and doesn't take easy roads but last night was a reminder that hes not physically equipped for such fights against young beasts.

The Johnson win was nice and all but I still think walking away after beating Rampage and having his final fight in Japan would have been the best way to go.

The Johnson win was nice and all but I still think walking away after beating Rampage and having his final fight in Japan would have been the best way to go.

Both were really nice wins to walk away on. Pushing for the Bader fight at 46 was stupid of Fedor but I respect it. He aint no bitch.

Both were really nice wins to walk away on. Pushing for the Bader fight at 46 was stupid of Fedor but I respect it. He aint no bitch.

I don't think any fighter is a bitch tbh, that's why so few of them win their final fight.

He aint no bitch.

does-he-look-like-a-bitch.gif

Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s not. For Fedor though, he’s at an age where his body is falling apart with these camps. If he was to fight again, he’d have some other thing get injured in that camp, and so on.

He didn’t look quite as good physically as he did 16 months ago, but he seemed to be in good spirits during fight week, we definitely got footage of him warming up backstage this time whereas last time he was too sick even to do that, and the fight was what it was.

He’s 46, he shouldn’t be expected to perform at an elite level. We should all just be grateful for the moments he gave us.
Well said

"Later,Fedor", and I say that as someone who expects my personal G.O.A T. Jon Jones to get murked in roughly a month.

To be fair, they had to get vaxxed - a prerequisite for entering the US - Also why Djokovic hasn't played in the US for a long while. Americans staying in the US don't need to get vaxxed to fight there. These new normal vaxx do all kinds of damage to the immune system.

Yep, call me a conspiracy theorist ^^

PS. I don't think Fedor would win even with a legit camp - he's been on the major decline for a long while now. As for Tokov.... for someone who was supposedly on the death bed a few weeks ago, his power/stamina were not half bad, which does make me wonder.... especially, given that he's previously said that he was in the best condition of his career at any time post-training. It's all a tad dodgy.
dude, if this is the case, then major WTF. Fedor had to get covid vaxx? No fucking wonder then. He looked great against ranked Tim Johnson. I just re-watched that fight. he had bounce, pep, and was fast with his punches, much more faster than johnson. he was also tan af.

Does not matter much.

He really gave it all, glad he was not KOed, 46 is too much. At that age you have to decline more and more, without PEDs of course :).

Nice ending after all, and all the fighters that came to the cage, no other fighter got that much respect. Nice moment.

I always remember Fedor's talk after Bigfoot fight, when he said, maybe it is time to retire, at that point he felt the age and physical decline. Mentally he never lost it, that is why he tried one last time.
I'm selfish. I want to see one more in Rizin, NYEs proper final send off Sakakibara Rizin promo best promo style. No one crazy, maybe Bob Sapp. Something ridiculous. I know, I know.

Fedor looked like shit in there. He looked awkward and out of place. The guy is just old and the sport has passed him. Like any legendary sports individual. You only have a limited window of of opportunity to be the best in your sport and that's it. It's time for him to go. And use his wisdom to pass on to the younger generation.

Learn to read... His comment doesn't say that Fedor made excuses.

You Fedor nuthuggers are so sensitive. But it's kinda cute... You're hanging on his "past his prime nuts" till the last day.

Look at this clown. These guys come in here and insult, mock, make up crap, then if anyone responds say "everyone is sensitive". This is what you are trying to do and you know it. Honestly, stop being a pathetic loser and do something with your life. Go train and actually learn something and you might learn to not be garbage.

Don't even respond to these idiots. Just block them. Sherdog is still terrible but it gets a little better. Not like these clown has anything to say that is worthwhile. You won't learn anything from him. You won't have any exchanges worth reading. He is nothing.

He's 46, he's not going to be 100%. No one is at that age in a combat sport.

Why? Why even give an excuse? No excuse was needed or asked for. Let him sail into the sunset without the bs

I just wish he walked away after that Tim Johnson KO. Showed a glimpse of old Fedor would have been a perfect fight to end on. Most MMA fighters can’t help themselves though

I just wish he walked away after that Tim Johnson KO. Showed a glimpse of old Fedor would have been a perfect fight to end on. Most MMA fighters can’t help themselves though
Yeah, he had 1 fight left on his contract and arguably earned a TS by beating Johnson, and he wanted it. I have always maintained that I’d rather see Fedor go down fighting for a belt than go out with a win over a can or similarly aged legend. Was sad to see, but I still stand by that. I am fine with the Bader fight being the fight he ended his career with.

Oh please. If you're that hurt, don't fight, and if you can't get through a training camp without falling apart, retire. It's all BS excuses anyway to try and mitigate the embarrassment of getting flatlined again by a guy who just isn't that good.

Should have retired after his last win.
He did retire though?
In 22 years, Fedor has never pulled out of a fight once it’s been signed. He sure as hell wasn’t going to pull out of a showcase fight on CBS, a title shot, the last fight on his contract, and an event meant to showcase other guys on his team. He showed up like he always does, and did whatever his old ass body would let him do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back