Neil Magny has never missed weight.

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Neil Magny is 6'3 and has an 80" reach, Hendricks is 5'9 with a 69" reach and Hendricks is the one that struggles to make weight... I realise Magny is skinny as hell but still... lay off the cheese burgers Johny.

It's also worth noting that this will be one of the biggest height/reach advantages ever in the UFC, It's comparable to Jones vs DC.

Last edited:
Magny is the consummate workhorse.

Tough as hell. Often walks thru fire to come out on the other side victorious.

Johnny is on the seafood diet.

He sees food, he eats it.

Never understood how guys like Hendricks and Barao couldn't make weight, it will 30-27 Magny

Never understood how guys like Hendricks and Barao couldn't make weight, it will 30-27 Magny
I believe the answers you're looking for are "food" and "water", things people need to survive.

Yeah you can definitely tell that Magny works a lot harder at what he does than Hendricks.

Hendricks has the talent, but lacks the drive.

I believe the answers you're looking for are "food" and "water", things people need to survive.
That applies to everyone and most guys make the weight. Barao goes up to 145 and is noticeably smaller than his last 2 opponents

Magny has skinny legs, but his body is not that skinny, he certainly has some muscle mass up top. He does very well to get to 170, I remember before he said he is around 200 Ibs. Hendricks on the other hand has been known to get as high as 220 in the past

Neil Magny is 6'3 and has an 80" reach, Hendricks is 5'9 with a 69" reach

It's also worth noting that this will be one of the biggest height/reach advantages ever in the UFC, It's comparable to Jones vs DC.
just goes to show ya that the reach/height advantage doesn't make you a GOAT

Barao never missed weight. He struggled to make 135, and He did slip and fall once, but was always on weight.

Maybe you are thinking Petis, Gastelum, Do Bronx, lieniker, rampage, Rumble.. but not Barao.

Barao never missed weight. He struggled to make 135, and He did slip and fall once, but was always on weight.

Maybe you are thinking Petis, Gastelum, Do Bronx, lieniker, rampage, Rumble.. but not Barao.
He had to go to the hospital at ufc 177

He had to go to the hospital at ufc 177
He had to go to the hospital due to a concussion. I know he was having issues with cutting, but he has not ever lost 20% of his purse. Unprofessional to ballon up in weight though.

Neil Magny is 6'3 and has an 80" reach, Hendricks is 5'9 with a 69" reach and Hendricks is the one that struggles to make weight... I realise Magny is skinny as hell but still... lay off the cheese burgers Johny.

not for nothing, by Neil is naturally a lean and lanky dude... whereas Johnny, without exercise, would just be another bloated, fat boy.

It's harder for the like of Johnny and Kelvin, etc... the naturally fat boys...

To me Magny seems like a guy who really has amazing work ethic. He doesn't complain about anything, just works hard and stays active, always showing evolution.
If Jones had Magny's mindset we would witness the end of all GOAT debates.

To me Magny seems like a guy who really has amazing work ethic. He doesn't complain about anything, just works hard and stays active, always showing evolution.
If Jones had Magny's mindset we would witness the end of all GOAT debates.

Why did you bring up Barao? That guy looks like he is dieing of starvation at the weigh ins. His rib cage makes me want to puke.

20140131_jcd_aa9_055.0.jpg

Back