Need to see more tackles like this in soccer

Rimbaud82

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

See I am not some yank who says soccer sucks because there is the odd dive, but equally can't deny that there is a lot more diving/flopping this past decade or so, or at least players going down with very 'soft' contact...it really does bother me when I see it. A tackle like this shows how physical soccer actually is/can be, perfectly fair tackle with a big collision.

I figured it would be Ramos doing the tackle.

If you actually watched “soccer” you would realise this happens quite often

If you actually watched “soccer” you would realise this happens quite often

I watch soccer regularly yeah

Unfortunately there is a lot more diving, going down softly and rolling around than good physical play like this.

The reasons you don't see those more often are:

-They're very reckless. If the defender has his feet slightly off by a few inches, he could easily snap the other guy's ankle. They're punished harshly because they're very dangerous.

-This was a pointlessly reckless tackle. If you're defending an open goal, fine, you go balls out because you don't wanna give up the goal. But here, it was completely unnecessary.

The reasons you don't see those more often are:

-They're very reckless. If the defender has his feet slightly off by a few inches, he could easily snap the other guy's ankle. They're punished harshly because they're very dangerous.

-This was a pointlessly reckless tackle. If you're defending an open goal, fine, you go balls out because you don't wanna give up the goal. But here, it was completely unnecessary.
It was Ramos, it was completely necessary.

I love American football and combat sports because of their brutality....but I don't understand some peoples need for every sport to have that element.

I love American football and combat sports because of their brutality....but I don't understand some peoples need for every sport to have that element.

Doesn't have to, I just think soccer would be better with more physicality and less diving/softness. That's a perfectly clean tackle, hard but fair. That is allowed within the rules of soccer, which hardly allowed for brutality. Although interestingly enough early editions of the rules allowed for hacking the shins.

Doesn't have to, I just think soccer would be better with more physicality and less diving/softness. That's a perfectly clean tackle, hard but fair. That is allowed within the rules of soccer, which hardly allowed for brutality. Although interestingly enough early editions of the rules allowed for hacking the shins.

I hate diving (...and Neymar by extension haha) I think it's overall fine as long as they punish that. Every sport has the embellishment soft fouls though, guess that's why I'm not too bothered by it. Those reckless tackles though are just unnecessary. If you can't get the ball with taking someone's legs out from under them with your trailing leg, you deserve the foul in my eyes.

Back