Need suggestions on 4K TV with HDR for $1000 or less

ODYSSEYMEMPHIS

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Got a PS4 pro and need a 4k tv but don't know which one I should get. I really don't want to spend more than $1000 since it will really only be used for gaming

Just get the ks8000 55. If you have a frys near you it can be had for 997 with no tax right now.

i went ahead and got the 60 inch ks8000 from best buy. A little above what i wanted to spend but it was on sale for $1199 and 24 month 0% interest so figured fuck it. Haven't hooked it up and probably won't till around christmas. I'm coming from playing ps4 on a lg 720p so can't wait to see what the ps4 pro on the ks8000 looks like

i went ahead and got the 60 inch ks8000 from best buy. A little above what i wanted to spend but it was on sale for $1199 and 24 month 0% interest so figured fuck it. Haven't hooked it up and probably won't till around christmas. I'm coming from playing ps4 on a lg 720p so can't wait to see what the ps4 pro on the ks8000 looks like

Probably not much different. It's not like games are built for the upscaling.

I'm staying away from 4K for now.

Wait until next year when UHD premium tvs are more common and affordable.

Right now 4k tvs vary in quality bigly. Hdr tvs out now only have about 500-700 nits peak brightness, the newer ones on uhd premium tvs are 1000+. The specs to classify a tv as true hdr have changed. Older tvs no longer meet the requirements.

Look for the uhd premium label before you buy it

I went from a 720p 42" to a 4k 55" and the amount of detail that came through was instantly noticeable.

for that range a ks8000 like everybody said above, they are a phenomenal tv for the money

Probably not much different. It's not like games are built for the upscaling.

I'm staying away from 4K for now.

It's significantly more detailed than 720p.
With a PS4 Pro + 4K upscaling + HDR, you'd be lying if you didn't notice a difference.
However, the games will vary as each game has to be patched to support the PS4 Pro's new features (upscaling, detail, increased FPS, HDR, etc.)
Right now there are only a handful of games that have upgrades that are even worth checking out.
Some games actually even run WORSE on the PS4 Pro due to the upscaling and the subpar hardware to run said upscaled 4K games. Lack of 4K Bluray player was also a huge let down.
That being said, true 4K gaming is still a ways away as the consoles merely pretend to be 4K.
if you want to experience a legit 4K experience, fire up a PC with DOOM or GTA 5 in 4K and let your eyes melt.

It's significantly more detailed than 720p.
With a PS4 Pro + 4K upscaling + HDR, you'd be lying if you didn't notice a difference.
However, the games will vary as each game has to be patched to support the PS4 Pro's new features (upscaling, detail, increased FPS, HDR, etc.)
Right now there are only a handful of games that have upgrades that are even worth checking out.
Some games actually even run WORSE on the PS4 Pro due to the upscaling and the subpar hardware to run said upscaled 4K games. Lack of 4K Bluray player was also a huge let down.
That being said, true 4K gaming is still a ways away as the consoles merely pretend to be 4K.
if you want to experience a legit 4K experience, fire up a PC with DOOM or GTA 5 in 4K and let your eyes melt.

gotta agree. I finally got around to hooking it up a couple of nights ago. And after gaming so long on a 720p , it was a pleasant shock to see just how different it is. Now whether or not it was worth getting the ps4 pro, probably wasn't but i do love the tv

gotta agree. I finally got around to hooking it up a couple of nights ago. And after gaming so long on a 720p , it was a pleasant shock to see just how different it is. Now whether or not it was worth getting the ps4 pro, probably wasn't but i do love the tv

Did you also enable HDR?
IMO, HDR > 4K upscaling.
What games do you have?

i got this samsung 55in 4k hdr tv at best buy for like $300 off the tv and $150 off an xbox one s as a xmas deal
i also got 2 $300 giftcards when i got 2 galaxy s7's (with free vr also)
TV and xbox ended up costing me $100 for both after gift cards

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...h-dynamic-range-black/5146801.p?skuId=5146801
Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV with High Dynamic Range - Black
  • Model: UN55KU7000FXZA
consumer reports "best buy"

http://www.samsung.com/us/televisio...7-series-4k-uhd-tv-2016-model-un55ku7000fxza/

Is there a big difference between HDR and HDR processing.
I recently bought 60 inch 4K with HDR processing with a Scorpio in mind next year

ks8000

2016 vizio P series
This one. I'm at the parents for Christmas and my dad has it, it's a very good TV. I like the OLED ones a little better, but that's a lot more money then the Samsung

I'll agree with the KS8000 like everyone else. Got the 60" during black friday and it's the tits. Get another remote though, that Samsung smart one is clown shoes.

Did you also enable HDR?
IMO, HDR > 4K upscaling.
What games do you have?

i haven't had the chance to play with the settings yet (got small kids and they want all my attention.....assholes)

i've got call of duty remastered, i refuse to play that pos infinite warfare, grand theft auto and a few other games. Any recommendations on games?

i got this samsung 55in 4k hdr tv at best buy for like $300 off the tv and $150 off an xbox one s as a xmas deal
i also got 2 $300 giftcards when i got 2 galaxy s7's (with free vr also)
TV and xbox ended up costing me $100 for both after gift cards

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...h-dynamic-range-black/5146801.p?skuId=5146801
Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV with High Dynamic Range - Black
  • Model: UN55KU7000FXZA
consumer reports "best buy"

http://www.samsung.com/us/televisio...7-series-4k-uhd-tv-2016-model-un55ku7000fxza/

hell yeah thats an awesome deal

Back