NCAA Wrestling Championships

Dogo1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
How many of Penn State's 5 national champs from in St Louis last night will we see in the UFC in the future?

They have Phil Davis and Ed Ruth right now but they don't seem to switch over into mma as much as some of the other schools.

My fingers are crossed for J'Den Cox to keep the Mizzou fighter train going.

They have Phil Davis and Ed Ruth right now but they don't seem to switch over into mma as much as some of the other schools.

Agree on Cox, but he wants to continue wrestling and he's also saying he wants to give football a try. Bottom line it was a great 3 day tournament with loads of future Mma talent.

Ps - last weekend I saw Ruth's little brother (sophomore) win the pa high school state title at 152. Get this, his name is also Ed.

Agree on Cox, but he wants to continue wrestling and he's also saying he wants to give football a try. Bottom line it was a great 3 day tournament with loads of future Mma talent.

Yep but no obvious crossovers this year.

Last year I figured Tony Ramos would be MMAing by now but then he cut a lot of weight and won the world tram trials. I think had he lost that he would be fighting by now.

Curious to see if J'den does in fact play football, i feel like he is bluffing but it would be fun to see him hit some people on kickoff coverage

Ps - last weekend I saw Ruth's little brother (sophomore) win the pa high school state title at 152. Get this, his name is also Ed.

Nice, I sat between the Ruths and the Taylors at the Olympic Trials; it was super weird how they didn't even acknowledge each other.

In terms of the PA high school state I watched the video if Lee losing which was pretty awesome despite the knee i jury

I don't know.

Bubba Jenkins was a NCAA finalist in '08 fot PSU. Beat Darrion Caldwell in the semi's...then was told to take a hike by Sanderson...then pinned Sanderson's goldenboy in the finals for ASU.

Not just the PSU champs, but has any of the seniors that competed this weekend stated that they will give mma a try?

Not just the PSU champs, but has any of the seniors that competed this weekend stated that they will give mma a try?

I don't think any of the big names make the jump this year. Kyle Snyder and J'den Cox put the olympic and world team fever in them.

Jarred Brooks who was suppose to fight Ian McCall recently (got cancelled) has some wins over Tomasello who was the best 133lber in the country on most days.

He has been fighting at 115 some so he is a bit undersized at 125lbs (ha) but he is legit.

We were spoiled with the Ed Ruth signing last year.

Back