NBA player JJ Redick under fire for wishing Chinese fans a happy new year with slur

I'd like to imagine his inner dialogue was something like this: "Don't say chinq. Don't say chinq. Don't say chinq. Goddamnit, I said chinq."

Had to add q's since sherdog filtered me...I think the guy didn't mean anything by it and it was genuine slip up with the way he delivered it so casually.

I'm Chinese, watched the video, felt nothing.

People get rustled easily these days huh?

Most in China probably don't care about these things.

on the other hand, is TidWell bashing Asians again?

I didn't even catch it the first time I watched the video. Obviously a mistake by the looks of it.

The Peoples Republic Of China will not take kindly to this transgression

Everyone knows you can get away with racial slurs towards Asians. It’s only blacks and gays you can get in trouble with at the moment.

Why the hell would the NBA leave it in their video? It's not like he said it live.

They must not have thought anything.

I saw one guy on twitter say “if youre chinese and youre saying that theres no problem with this, then youre whitewashed”

Wow. Just wow at that logic

lmao. Rustled over a single word. Those are brainwashed to hate.

Was the chickity china the chinese chicken racist?

Sounds like he was originally intending to say "all the NBA Chinese fans" but then at the last second realized it was supposed to be specific to actual geographical China and switched it to "fans in China"

Unless of course people actually think he just blatantly said ":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s" during a promo for one of the NBA's greatest global partners

Lol @ Chinese ppl not tolerating racism.

Chinese some of the most prejudice ppl in the world. I mean not saying the guy in the video is, but just say'n.

sunny.gif

Last edited:
It's ok, he'll be fine. Native Americans and Asians are pretty much the last people you can still say some really offensive stuff about and still keep your job.

Fuck these Yahoo.com headlines threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back