NBA now vs early 2000s

Plutoburn

Alpha booze head
@Silver
Reaction score
Don't want to sound like an old guy who does not get with the time, but does anyone feel like the lack of contact in NBA nowadays makes the sport look very casual and lack intensity. I don't mean going back to the late 80s early 90s era where there were literally enforcers on the field like Oakley, but something between then and now.

Regular season games feel like all-star games and the all-star games look like the three point contest. There is only intensity in playoff games or when there is a few minutes left and the game is close. I get it, players don't want to get injured, and playing less games means less money for the league, but the product just isn't as exciting just seeing people launching 3s like the 3 point contest.

Kevin McHale recently during a NBA show open court said that back then, you get 3 point the old fashioned way, create contact, make the shot and make the freethrow. And that contrast pretty much sums up my sentiment.

Early 00 lakes smoke the current warrios

The level of physicality from that era has been overblown to mythic proportions. Other than it being an unaesthetic, ISO driven, slower paced, rigged game led by inefficient chuckers, felons, and rapists, it's pretty much the same game.

The level of physicality from that era has been overblown to mythic proportions. Other than it being an unaesthetic, ISO driven, slower paced, rigged game led by inefficient chuckers, felons, and rapists, it's pretty much the same game.
Trash post. You on the rag, shelly?

Early 2000s had a prime NJ Nets.

early 2000s >> present NBA.

I don't mean going back to the late 80s early 90s era where there were literally enforcers on the field like Oakley, but something between then and now.
Back in those days men were men and played BB on a field. Pussies these days have to play on a court.

ISO driven...you mean like Lebron, Harden, Westbrook, Irving, etc?

Rules and the general culture of the league more-or-less dictate, among elite squads, who will be most successful, IMO. If you Teams that are efficient offensively and defensively can success in any era, though. Showtime Lakes, MJ's Bulls, Shaq/Kobe Lakes, 2000's Spurs would excel in any era.

I hate the fact if i miss a game now and watch the highlights in stead. Its mostly dudes jackin up 3s. Especially rapes my eyes when big dudes are doing it in the highlights. Its like bitch i want to see the post up plays with them not them being scared and lazy hanging out at the 3 point line.

I feel like it's just so offensively oriented that it's almost boring to watch, IMO. It's mostly a game of "can you keep up with the scoring". Seeing guys just drive to the hole for a layup and the opposing team essentially saying "well, he's halfway there, so let's just let him score" instead of someone trying to stop the scorer that (while I understand it) offends my eyes.

You can have your own (laughable) opinion and call this what you want, but don't ever think about calling it "basketball".

I hate the fact if i miss a game now and watch the highlights in stead. Its mostly dudes jackin up 3s. Especially rapes my eyes when big dudes are doing it in the highlights. Its like bitch i want to see the post up plays with them not them being scared and lazy hanging out at the 3 point line.
I'll probably watch the Sixers tonight, but I'm out if Embiid starts jacking up threes.

Back