***NBA 2014-15 Season v12: No Game for Old Men***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bargey

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...-los-angeles-lakers-miss-second-straight-game

"Old age. My knees are sore at this stage of the season," he said. "My Achilles are sore -- both of them. My metatarsals are tight, back is tight. I just need to kind of hit the re-set button."

Bryant also said he'll likely play fewer minutes going forward. When asked about the chances that he'd play Friday in Dallas against the Mavericks, Bryant said, they're "slim right now."

Kobe-sad.gif

duncan3.gif

def great PR to get big time free agents this summer. come play with chucky bum knee mcgee.

Well done (on the thread title/OP)

tumblr_n9v7ck8JxF1rey868o1_500.gif

Solid thread, surprisingly not shit. Bonus points for The Late Great Tom Dunc.

The mods finally did their job. Locked all the over 1000 post threads and stickied this one.

clippers finally did something hey

Who came up with the name 'Derelict'? That has to be the greatest name ever.

When discussing back courts, people seem to be sleeping on Lillard and Matthews.....cue Faust w/ the timeless Ironman reference, but those cats are killing it.

Lilliard is sneakily averaging 5 boards a game and shooting 46% from the field

my dad was just over, kinda drunk, and just insisted that Gasol was more vital to those back to back titles thank Kobe...

It was like a Sherdog argument haha

He said "what has kobe ever done w/o shaq or Gasol? Would they have won that title w/o Gasol?

I said "no, certainly not. Would they have won it though w/ only Gasol and no Kobe? What has Gasol ever done w/o Kobe?"

Him "Kobe needs a big. Shaq."

Me, just trolling at this pt: "what has Shaq ever done w/o a dominant wing player? Got swept in the Finals w/ a prime Penny, dominated w/ the Lakes but lost to the Pistons, and was vital but semi-carried to a title by Wade in a historic performance....."

Him: "Good pt"

Good shit, but my dad made an awfully strong case for KAJ as the GOAT today: won the Finals MVP on two different teams, was MVP 6x, 11x all defense, 15x all nba (ya, 15x), all the stats you guys already know, the most WS by a significant margin although he did play forever, etc....

That cat, in his second year, took a bucks team that had won 27 games prior two seasons before, won 66 games, was all defensive and nba teams, MVP, Finals MVP and champ...... who does that shit?

Granted, it was a different era and all that, but the fact he doesn't even get mentioned is kinda weird.

Kome clutching Pau asking him to save him from life with Sacre Bleu and Loozer.

No shit Colby which is why stars are waiting for you to retire before considering LA again.

Surprised clips won today. Crawford and Jordan balled out. Everyone else played like cans or benefitted off them.

biggest win for Clipsters this season. CanPee3 needs to do more of this And1 moves instead of being predictable. Griffin hustling for boards is also a plus. I wish he averaged at least 11.

my dad was just over, kinda drunk, and just insisted that Gasol was more vital to those back to back titles thank Kobe...

It was like a Sherdog argument haha

He said "what has kobe ever done w/o shaq or Gasol? Would they have won that title w/o Gasol?

I said "no, certainly not. Would they have won it though w/ only Gasol and no Kobe? What has Gasol ever done w/o Kobe?"

Him "Kobe needs a big. Shaq."

Me, just trolling at this pt: "what has Shaq ever done w/o a dominant wing player? Got swept in the Finals w/ a prime Penny, dominated w/ the Lakes but lost to the Pistons, and was vital but semi-carried to a title by Wade in a historic performance....."

Him: "Good pt"

Good shit, but my dad made an awfully strong case for KAJ as the GOAT today: won the Finals MVP on two different teams, was MVP 6x, 11x all defense, 15x all nba (ya, 15x), all the stats you guys already know, the most WS by a significant margin although he did play forever, etc....

That cat, in his second year, took a bucks team that had won 27 games prior two seasons before, won 66 games, was all defensive and nba teams, MVP, Finals MVP and champ...... who does that shit?

Granted, it was a different era and all that, but the fact he doesn't even get mentioned is kinda weird.

I'm biased because Kareem is my favorite basketball player of all time, but here's my take:

Those Finals MVPs also demonstrate was also able to succeed as a main piece in two different systems. Bucks, plus Showtime. I can't think of another player who did that besides Wilt, I suppose. This make me think that if there was ever a player I'd start a Franchise with, all time, it would be him.

Even though they played different positions, it could be argued that KAJ was a better basketball player. Michael Jordan certainly was the greatest athlete, though, in the whole sense of the word, the personality, the business acumen, the killer instinct, etc.

The problem is that Kareem is a highly intelligent stoner with a quiet personality. By all accounts he never kissed any ass and never expected any in return. By the time the NBA really blew up he was already past his prime. He wasn't a shameless self-promoter or blowhard. Not fit for sound byte culture.

I think he has an overall underrated game, but he especially has an underrated post game. Everyone talks about his skyhook but it was really the way he was able to play off his sky hook that made him great. He was able to make defenders overplay him or lean him one way and once that happened he'd own them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back