Nate Quarry got paid 8,000 for a title fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's in on the class action lawsuit, isn't he? Ranking member of the bitter exes.

We need more drama on the state of the lawsuit. It's been very hush hush. Those 10-page TL;DRs released once in a blue moon by Junkie or BloodyElbow just won't do it for me.

I heard it. Good interview. But it was just another dose of whining.
Have you heard the podcast where CM Punk complains about pretty much everyone in the WWE? It's basically the same podcast as the recent Quarry episode. Not Chael's podcast, it was a different podcast.

Last edited:
8 grand for Brain Damage sign me up !

Blame Nate for that. He signed.
Maybe he should go into basketball or baseball instead or be a CPA or corporate lawyer.

What? He doesn't have the skills for those positions? You Don't Say

In my first kickboxing match I was paid £20. Which I spent on a heavy bag and a bus pass. Nate Quarry got it good... No, just kidding, this is shameful treatment for a challenger.

Have you heard the podcast where CM Punk complains about pretty much everyone in the WWE? It's basically the same podcast as the recent Quarry episode.
No, but I'd love to hear that haha. Whose podcast? I know the basics, but I'd love to hear him drop a "pipe bomb" on everybody who "held him back."

It's not like he actually trained for the fight either...

Hmm...maybe he would have lasted longer if he trained. Also should have had a real job, instead of fighting.

Am I doing it right?

Yeah welcome to sherdog, where every prelim fighter or darkages title contender should've been paid a million dollars but "Dana's greedy"

These fighter pay convos give me a headache -- I suggest you just let it go, TS they'll never listen

Dana will always be "greedy", the UFC will always be "fucking fighters over"

Sherdog will continue to bitch about shit they don't understand and I'll continue to be glad y'all aren't in charge and Zuffa is because they're making the sport fucking great and keeping it alive while you all are just confused

11 years ago.

WSOF pays even less.
And Boxing even worse for undercard fighters . . .

Pacquiao vs Bradley PPV Fighter Payouts

PPV broadcast

147 lbs: Manny Pacquiao ($7 million + PPV points) vs. Timothy Bradley ($4 million + PPV points)
168 lbs: Arthur Abraham ($500,000) vs. Gilberto Ramirez ($140,000)
126 lbs: Oscar Valdez ($100,000) vs. Evgeny Gradovich ($100,000)
140 lbs: Jose Ramirez ($75,000) vs. Manny Perez ($34,000)

Pre-PPV (non-televised) broadcast

175 lbs: Oleksandr Gvozdyk ($12,500) vs Nadjib Mohammedi ($30,000)
147 lbs: Brad Solomon ($35,000) vs Konstantin Ponomarev ($32,500)
147 lbs: Egis Kavaliauskas ($7,500) vs Deniz Ilbay ($12,000)
168 lbs: Leon Bauer ($1,500) vs TBA
126 lbs: Devin Haney ($3,000) vs Rafael Vazquez ($2,000)

No, but I'd love to hear that haha. Whose podcast? I know the basics, but I'd love to hear him drop a "pipe bomb" on everybody who "held him back."
LMFAO, for real! CM Punk thought he was THE best wrestler in the world and that everyone was apparently holding him back. I believe its Colt Cabana's podcast where CM drops the "pipe bombs".

I believe he even uses the logic that since he sold more t-shirts than John Cena so he should've been promoted more than he was and he should be considered the better wrestler.

While fighter pay isn't great today and should be a lot better, it is vastly improved from the early Zuffa days. Current minimum contract is $10k/$10k I believe. It started as $2k/$2k.

It's nowhere near good enough now, but pay has been steadily heading in the right direction.

Lol 10k

I can make more full time at McDonald's

And Rich knocked him cold too.

Quarry-Franklinko.gif~c200

It was the head rebounding off the floor that really fucked him up.

Heard him say that on Chaels podcast people are always complaining about fighter pay tell Nate Quarry about fighter pay he would have loved to got paid what these guys do today

Wanna know how I know you weren't paying attention to that podcast?

Not for 15 minutes' work, you can't.

Much more work to be put outside of the fight to maintain the job, as well as getting punched in the face repeatedly for a living. All of a sudden flipping burgers doesn't sound so bad.

Much more work to be put outside of the fight to maintain the job, as well as getting punched in the face repeatedly for a living. All of a sudden flipping burgers doesn't sound so bad.
And much more work needs to be put in at the grill flipping burgers to bank $10k. My point is your analogy is a poor one. The two things are not remotely comparable. $10k is now the minimum for losing a fight. You can do that with very little effort. And it's not great, but it's a hell of a lot better than getting $2k to lose.

percentage of the profit margin paid to fighters by other promotions dwarfs the vampires are UFC

also in other promotions the fighters get paid for sponsorship, UFC takes almost all of the sponsorship money

Dana and the Fertitta brothers are turds!

anyone defending the UFCs pay structure should go join ISIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back