Nate Diaz still ranked at LW

I'd like to see Khabib vs Nate headline a PPV just to see what PPV numbers they can bring without young Colin.

He is ranked just in case they call upon him for a fight. I can see the game passing the brothers by especially Nick

He should be ranked in the top 10 talent wise, top 5 don't think so. He isn't active enough tho.

Can't justify Nate's ranking.

The UFC created a monster with Nate.....he made the Conor money twice, so anything short of a title shot (which he obviously doesn't deserve) is a step down.

I realize he was scheduled for Poirier, but I doubt we see Nate again unless it's a 3rd against Conor.

Uncle Dana still keeping the flame burning for McGregor vs. Diaz Trilogy Fight. Especially since Nate Diaz isn't going to be shooting TD's against the Irish Big Money Leprechaun.

He has the skills. Him and the UFC are simply not coming into an agreement, at least so far.

He has the skills?

Are you referring to his fantastic, years long winning streak over top 3 opponents, coupled with the fact that the guy is active and fights every 3-4 months like clockwork?

Dana:
<{danayeah}>

Nate:
PalatableAppropriateIzuthrush-max-1mb.gif

Rankings: Nate #10

No fights since August 2016 (more than 2 years) and the last fight was a loss
No fights at LW since December 2015 (3 years)
2-3 in his last 5 LW fights

ranked #10 LW in the world

They should also rank Nick at WW
Popularity has great benefits, if nate had as few fans as Montano or Pena he'd have been ineligible long ago. Dom Cruz and GSP are also keeping their ranks on popularity right now.

Trilogy is probably on the way. UFC must be low balling Conor now that he has lost leverage.

The rankings are manipulated to help promote fights. If you don't fight for an extended period, and its not due to injury, illness, or some other extenuating circumstances, then you should be dropped from the ratings period.

He has the skills?

Are you referring to his fantastic, years long winning streak over top 3 opponents, coupled with the fact that the guy is active and fights every 3-4 months like clockwork?
You can of course make an argument for the winning streak part when ignoring context but.......how on earth does fight frequency indicate a fighter's skill?

No fights since August 2016 (more than 2 years) and the last fight was a loss
No fights at LW since December 2015 (3 years)
2-3 in his last 5 LW fights

ranked #10 LW in the world

They should also rank Nick at WW
Needle mover...

They have to keep him in there to make Conrad look good lol.

Last edited:
McGregor v Diaz 3 on the horizon...only way WME can justify is to have Diaz ranked...

SUPER cash grab. Can't blame them.

They have to keep in in there to make Conrad look good lol.
He got two belts. He either must be good or.....anyone can get a UFC belt.
Either way I have no problem, for the record.

I've got him at #17, right behind Benson Henderson, Frankie Edgar, BJ Penn, and TJ Grant.

Back