Narnia sequel coming: The Silver Chair

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
@Dragonlordxxxxx

Well as a kid I loved the books on Narnia, and saw the animated cartoons. So I was eagerly waiting for a movie and hoping it would be as good as the Harry potter and LOTR movies. I was let down , primarily from the visuals, but also the somewhat unexciting pace.

The camera system used to film The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe made it seem more like a News video or soap-opera. It was not convincing in wafting the viewer away to the magical land , like LOTR and Harry Potter. It felt like contemporary people in dress-up assembled in a landscape setting somewhere on earth.

There were 3 movies and then nothing. A new movie, based on the book The Silver Chair is in the works. Captain America director is set to direct it.

I really wish they had made the Magician's Nephew instead. It is the 1st in the series but not the 1st that C.S. Lewis wrote.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/narnia-revival-silver-chair-director-joe-johnston-1202399920/

The 1st was good...don't know what the hell happened to the 2nd

@Dragonlordxxxxx

Well as a kid I loved the books on Narnia, and saw the animated cartoons. So I was eagerly waiting for a movie and hoping it would be as good as the Harry potter and LOTR movies. I was let down , primarily from the visuals, but also the somewhat unexciting pace.

The camera system used to film The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe made it seem more like a News video or soap-opera. It was not convincing in wafting the viewer away to the magical land , like LOTR and Harry Potter. It felt like contemporary people in dress-up assembled in a landscape setting somewhere on earth.

There were 3 movies and then nothing. A new movie, based on the book The Silver Chair is in the works. Captain America director is set to direct it.

I really wish they had made the Magician's Nephew instead. It is the 1st in the series but not the 1st that C.S. Lewis wrote.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/narnia-revival-silver-chair-director-joe-johnston-1202399920/
Thanks. Already know about this. Not really excited about the whole Narnia series.

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/129458649/

Grunge not dead.
11b9195a8845c43ae7b625aa66a7147c.jpg

I didn't love the Narnia series, but I guess just since I like CS Lewis I'm happy to see this news.

That, and the fact that when a series is started, the fans who get on board deserve to see it finished out.

Maybe Joe Johnston is the man the series needs. He doesn't always put out winners (looking at you, Jurassic Park III!) but I enjoyed Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Hidalgo, The Wolfman and Captain America.

The books were great and the first movie was great but it went a bit downhill with the last one

My favorite was the horse and his boy, but that one didn't make it to film

I just hope it spawns a Lazy Sunday sequel. You know I'm crazy about these cupcakes cousin

i read and enjoyed all 7 books as a kid and was excited when this series was announced. But even i knew that only a hadful of the books were movie worthy. The lion/witch/.wardrobe and the silver chair to me are the 2 books in the series best suited for hollywood adaptions so i absolutely believe this film as a stand alone has potential. But the series as a whole is going nowhere fast. the first 3 films Felt very bbc and european to me

Back