Name of this submission?

Chomsky Honk

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Fight is Ryushi Yanagisawa vs Jack McLaughlin at Pancrase: Truth 10 - Ryushi got the tap like 2 seconds after this frame

cEhKtQi.png

Looks like a flat cradle; not a variety you'll see often (or really ever) in amateur wrestling since guys will be chest down 98% of the time and the 2% of the time they're not the match will be over soon; but if he is back down/you're in side control, it's there if he tries the old 'swing your leg up across his face to try and press him off' escape.

Last edited:
Fight finder says that it's a twister, but unless he caught a leg with his leg in the next scramble, that's not right. Just going off the photo and knowing nothing about the competitors, I'd say the person that tapped panicked. There would have been pressure similar to a full-nelson neck crank there, but that's about it. His opponent would need Mark Kerr type strength for there to be a threat of injury.

Fight finder says that it's a twister, but unless he caught a leg with his leg in the next scramble, that's not right. Just going off the photo and knowing nothing about the competitors, I'd say the person that tapped panicked. There would have been pressure similar to a full-nelson neck crank there, but that's about it. His opponent would need Mark Kerr type strength for there to be a threat of injury.
There are a lot of fights on fight finder with blatantly wrong finishing methods.

It looks like a cradle. I'll check this out on fight pass later today and see. But to me it just looks like he was able to get a rap with the cradle.

just looks like a neck crank there if he can get under the bottom guys left arm, the people saying cradle could be correct im not sure of the wrestling terminology

Back