Name a fighter who comes out of a smaller camp and is succesful

This thread just proved that "big name" camps aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Outside of the more known camps like ATT, Jacksons, Tristar, and Alliance.

Stipe Miocic
Raphael Assuncao

who else?

Assuncao could have been even more amazing if he concentrated 100% on his fighting career, instead of concentrating on helping fat weekend warriors get their blue belt.

Joanna, 12-0 with Arrachion Olsztyn, 2-2 with ATT

whittaker... i dont know where and i dont care lol

jon jones started from a small gym then jackson took him in

brock lesnar trains here in minnesota
Was about to ask if you were from near the twin city area. Was about to ask if you wanted to grab drinks with me and some friends for the fights this weekend. Was about to... and then I saw your Colby icon.

Was about to ask if you were from near the twin city area. Was about to ask if you wanted to grab drinks with me and some friends for the fights this weekend. Was about to... and then I saw your Colby icon.
join the team

Was it considered a big camp though? Always seemed like three dudes in a basement
It was the best camp at that time. They had 8 title holders and several contenders. Guys weren't moving to Bettendof, Iowa because it was a happening place.

max holloway

i dont even get who his team is

in Hawaii the area he's from is well known for producing kickboxers/boxers. the town he's from, Waianae, is a tough place. in Hawaii, most locals know how to fight, but in Waianae they took it to another level.

like how football is just an ingrained part of the culture for Texas and other places like SoCal, fighting is like that for Hawaii, and especially Waianae, where they've been training to box/kickbox from before the UFC was even a thing.

being a striker and coming from Waianae, is like being a gangster and coming from Compton. in Hawaii, it legitimizes you instantly.

Ricardo Lamas.

Even though he just lost, that sweep he hit was sweet, and that guillotine he was trying to set up was also pretty smooth.
Was a very high level fight, IMO.

Did'nt Fedor for a while trained in a little russian kids park or something like that?

Jimmy Rivera just lost but he's very successful overall. It's basically Rivera, Gaudinot, Pace, and Good. Hall started there, but he's gone now.

images

I think half of the champs come from smaller, or lesser named camps. You really don't need those big named camps to have success. Just look at the loss streak that Jackson's went through. Not to mention how injury prone AKA is. Holloway trains out of a little warehouse like 5 miles away from me and he's on a 12 fight win streak.

Back