My Issue With Tyron Woodley As A Champ...

Maia might not be able to take Woodley down much, if at all, but he will pressure Tyron into acting or defending the whole the fight.

It's much harder to throw bombs when you have a guy like Maia on your back standing or not. Tyron will have few opportunities at the beginning of the exchanges to do something before he is in defensive mode for minutes at a time. His usual patient and cautious style will be the least effective strategy to employ.

I think many folks will be surprised at how much success Maia does have against Woodley as long as Tyron is unable to land very much. Backing up into the cage is like handing Maia the fight on a platter. That is just the place he likes to be so he can trap you. Tyron will want to avoid doing that in my opinion.

Would hurt UFC's claim of having the best fighters in the world if Rory Macdonald becomes Bellator champ since he completely outclasses Woodley

But Woodley knocked the fuck out of the guy who almost killed Rory. Remember?

200.gif

And then.....

tumblr_ob6q2iYrA11up8ga8o1_540.gif

My problem with Tyron as champ is that he's not a very skilled fighter. But hey, neither was Lawler.

Just a couple brawlers. But hey, WW is so deep, right...?

almost killed Rory ? lol Rory was about to win that fight if a few more minutes had passed

It was honestly the worst I've seen a conscious fighter look after a fight. I like the guy and was genuinely worried about him. You're either trolling or an MMA noob.

It was honestly the worst I've seen a conscious fighter look after a fight. I like the guy and was genuinely worried about him. You're either trolling or an MMA noob.
No, I'm not trolling, what I'm saying is an objective fact. Rory was up with three rounds in the bag on the official scorecards. If he survived that fifth round he was going to win a decision. That's not my opinion, it's a fact.

No, I'm not trolling, what I'm saying is an objective fact. Rory was up with three rounds in the bag on the official scorecards. If he survived that fifth round he was going to win a decision. That's not my opinion, it's a fact.

OK, I at least appreciate that you're not a troll, but when you end up like this...

200.gif

Being ahead on the scorecards means jack shit. There were 4 minutes left in the fight and Lawler timed it right so he still had something left in the tank to finish it,,, which he did. It wasn't a lucky hail MAry punch either, it was a beat down.

My comment of "he almost killed him" was based on the fact that Rory looked like he was on death's door by the end of the fight.

Lastly, Lawler beat him twice too.

Maia might not be able to take Woodley down much, if at all, but he will pressure Tyron into acting or defending the whole the fight.

It's much harder to throw bombs when you have a guy like Maia on your back standing or not. Tyron will have few opportunities at the beginning of the exchanges to do something before he is in defensive mode for minutes at a time. His usual patient and cautious style will be the least effective strategy to employ.

I think many folks will be surprised at how much success Maia does have against Woodley as long as Tyron is unable to land very much. Backing up into the cage is like handing Maia the fight on a platter. That is just the place he likes to be so he can trap you. Tyron will want to avoid doing that in my opinion.
Woodley would absolutely destroy McGregor. Woodley should fight the top contenders at 170 as should McGregor at 155 which hasn't happened yet which never happened at 145 which I give him a small pass given the hard weight cut. But 155 is loaded with great talent who earned their shots for big fights and title fights.

OK, I at least appreciate that you're not a troll, but when you end up like this...

200.gif

Being ahead on the scorecards means jack shit. There were 4 minutes left in the fight and Lawler timed it right so he still had something left in the tank to finish it,,, which he did. It wasn't a lucky hail MAry punch either, it was a beat down.

My comment of "he almost killed him" was based on the fact that Rory looked like he was on death's door by the end of the fight.

Lastly, Lawler beat him twice too.
I'm just salty he left the ufc

I think he's probably only getting better at this point

True. Dana and WME done goofed again. Makes even less sense with him being the best Canadian MMAist, at least until GSP returns.

I agree with your most probable outcome; I see it being another unfortunate boring fight with maybe a late knockdown from TWood while the majority of the fight is nervous circling by both guys. Maia may try some take downs but will struggle way more than he did with Masvidal. TWood is a different level wrestler
Tyron sits on the fence too much. Maybe he will adjust his game plan, but I think it is a habit now.

If he sits on the fence, he will trap himself.

i dont like him. ause he thinks people boo him cause hes black fuck out of it

They're fights for Woodley but within the top 15-20 fighters need to get back to ladder climbing again. This new UFC seems intent on log jamming divisions for whatever reason or trying to make clueless match-ups that will only further muddy the classes.

But fights do exist in fact some interesting fights if the division would just start shaking out more. I like Tyrone but I see his style being very beatable once you can deal with the power & speed and make him pay for his bad habits, you'll beat Woodley by fighting smart like Rory McDonald, not scared like WB...

My issue is that he lost his last two fights.

He shouldn't be the belt holder. I don't consider him a champ personally.

Tyron went 5 rounds with Thompson twice and won. Guy has a gas tank.

I agree that Rory can, and most likely will still improve.

Many people have written him off, but his age and drive to get better are still things in his favor.

I think his move to Bellator was actually a very good move for him. He can get back on the winning track without as much pressure under the UFC lights. Rory can get back his confidence and build himself back into a dominant fighter with fewer risks.

His future in the UFC was about to become stagnant anyway after the loss to Wonderboy. Instead of spending the next 2 to 3 years fighting off prospects as a gatekeeper he instead gets to challenge for a belt elsewhere.

He will probably end up back in the UFC a bit more mature and ultimately better than he was the first time around.

Back