My issue with Platinum Mike

Let me start off by saying he's a GREAT fighter and will likely be a championship contender one day.

But, and not to get political I think he's kind of an ass for not highlighting the water crisis in his own hometown of Flint. Here he is with a global audience and a skyrocketing name and he refuses to use the spotlight for a decent cause, a 10 second reminder to the public. would only do him good.

Any thoughts?

1. He's not a Great fighter, yet.
2. Why don't you do something about the Flint water crisis. You don't have to be a celebrity or have money in order to volunteer.
3. Let MP worry about what MP does with his time and money.

Let me start off by saying he's a GREAT fighter and will likely be a championship contender one day.

But, and not to get political I think he's kind of an ass for not highlighting the water crisis in his own hometown of Flint. Here he is with a global audience and a skyrocketing name and he refuses to use the spotlight for a decent cause, a 10 second reminder to the public. would only do him good.

Any thoughts?
Did that shit only get bad after the auto industry moved to Mexico?

Nobody gives a shit about your issues.

Any thoughts?

you have a great point and commend your empathy and awareness, BUT you're expecting way too much from a fighter, who is likely uneducated and is singularly focused on knocking people out.

the problem with Platinum Mike is that he's a classless thug; break dancing while your opponent is out on the ground is an absolute horrid celebratory display, and he should know better than to dance on the graves of his victims and salt the wounds of the fallen.

Tyron Woodley once mentioned how he had trouble celebrating his championship win over Robbie Lawler because Robbie was out on the ground. Platinum can learn something from the champ here.

all that said, Platihum is one hell of a fighter. so let's give him the chance to grow up inside the Octagon.

Any thoughts?

There used to be a Platinum problem in Flint, MI.
But he's reformed himself, and now they only have a lead problem.

Platinum Mike Perry only drinks bottled mineral water. Fuck those other bums, who cares?

Who cares; he just showed us he has two black belts. (Hands & Elbows)

Any thoughts?

Shit. I guess you learn something every day, and I can say honestly that I'm sorry I ever bashed the guy, never would have done it had I known his brain was corroded by lead in the water supply, god I feel awful...

Last edited:

Any thoughts?

Haven't other prominent citizens of Flint spoken out? Would Perry command more attention than, say, the mayor?

Shit. I guess you learn something every day, and I can say honestly that I'm sorry I ever bashed the guy, never would have done it had I know his brain was corroded by lead in the water supply, god I feel awful...

LOL

This is going to be an outstanding thread, I can tell already.

I dont get were people see all the potential of him getting to be a contender?

Sure he has knockoutpower and is tough but thats it. He got outclassed by Jouban who himself is slightly above mediocre UFC WW fighter. He has no clean technical base and doesnt seem to have that much fight iq.

Sure he can improve why not but at the moment he is nothing special.

Any thoughts?

670YZ_s-200x150.gif
I'm gonna sit over there now...

He should try to jump on the Bowling for Columbine phag bandwagon.

Back