My Iron Sheik muscle gut

SammyPops

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Well, like th etitle sayts, I'm developing a muscle gut similar to the Iron Sheik. I hit the gym 3-4 times a week. I'm 5'10ish and weight around 185-195. I used to have the thin layer of pudge kind of liek Fedor but onver the last year or so ..... my gut has gotten hard and sticks ot a bit.

Any help gusy, exercises or diet?

Eat less, exercise more. If you're bodybuilding, we're not interested.

Eat less, exercise more. If you're bodybuilding, we're not interested.

lol thansk. any specifics, maybe amI eating too much of the wron gstuff or not doing the proper exercises?

I am not bodybuilding. Is this a bodybuilding forum?

People carry their weight differently. Some people when they get fat have a gut that sticks out really far while they don't carry a ton more weight in their face, arms, etc. Others expand all over. Do you have overweight people in your family that have a similar issue. When my dad was heavy, his stomach was exactly like you described. It would stick out yet felt hard. My brother is so busy with work and kids now that he rarely gets to exercise and he's getting it a bit too. It's going to be my destiny as well.

lol thansk. any specifics, maybe amI eating too much of the wron gstuff or not doing the proper exercises?

I am not bodybuilding. Is this a bodybuilding forum?
If you're working with weights specifically for appearance's sake, I got news for ya: You are bodybuilding.

If you aren't lean enough, you're eating too much and exercising too little. There's more to it than that, but that's the jist of it.

Well, like th etitle sayts, I'm developing a muscle gut similar to the Iron Sheik. I hit the gym 3-4 times a week. I'm 5'10ish and weight around 185-195. I used to have the thin layer of pudge kind of liek Fedor but onver the last year or so ..... my gut has gotten hard and sticks ot a bit.

If you're big and want to get small, eat less.
If you're small and want to get big, eat more.
If you think you can target specific areas of fat on your body, you're wrong.
If you aren't dieting and want to lose weight, go to Diet and Supplements.

This is not a question for strength and conditioning.

Sounds like visceral fat to me.

I've always had this as well. I tend to carry most of my fat in the love handle and lower back region, but my stomach still has a roundish shape. It's like a solid mass that looks like a gut when I'm wearing a shirt.

The only upside is that I can get some definition in my stomach even when my overall body fat isn't that low.

Do you go to bed feeling bloated at all or experiencing bloat all day?

Sounds like how I react to eating too much carbs at night, i look 5 months pregnant until the next morning when its flat. I have no doubt carbs (or certain carbs) do that to me so maybe your body is reacting with the guy like that?

I think it's genetics. I kind of have the same thing where my body will have hardly any fat all over except around my tits and gut. Back will be pretty cut, I'll have shoulder striations, and still have a layer of fluff around my stomach. My dad was the same way. You should get your body fat measured. You might have more body fat than you think.

Back