My bet: $20 on each of the first 4 rounds Conor by KO

Yeah you're right. I just don't get why the dude thinks he needs to use ped's when he's probably the best mma fighter of all time, or close to it. Unless he was just roided up his whole career and has no self confidence if he isn't on the juice.

He might just have a coke problem and makes bad dec's b/c of it. Also he's definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed in general. His career is probably close to over if he's facing two years from usada and still has all these issues. Disappointing waste of talent, I wasn't around for Macho and Tyson in their primes, or Pinklon. I hear the same type of stories about Bert cooper I think too? So this is the first time I've really seen a special fighter go down i flames like this over and over and over again. Pavlik ruined his career with booze, but he wasn't the great in boxing that Bones is in mma.
why? who knows, but a couple things, if someone is willing to use one drug they are willing to use another. I know a lot of people deny that but if you let one drug get a stronghold others can follow. Also, a big one is mental strength, if you don't know who you are, if you depend on other people to tell you how great you are, if you have a desperate need for attention then you really aren't that strong upstairs so you might feel you need help. I've said it before, boxers are generally kinda nutty but wonderful guys all the same, mma'rs are plain unstable so drugs are probably rampant in the sport, ped and otherwise. But generally, if you study, most of the great fighters are very insecure at their cores, if you cannot tell yourself you're great then you need as many people to say it as possible and even then it doesn't sink in. Fighters in general are very insecure as hard as that may be to believe. But...also, how could anyone see this guys physique and not know what he was doing? Even dumb enough and desperate enough to ruin his career because you know there is a great chance he'll be caught.

Yeah you're right. I just don't get why the dude thinks he needs to use ped's when he's probably the best mma fighter of all time, or close to it. Unless he was just roided up his whole career and has no self confidence if he isn't on the juice.

He might just have a coke problem and makes bad dec's b/c of it. Also he's definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed in general. His career is probably close to over if he's facing two years from usada and still has all these issues. Disappointing waste of talent, I wasn't around for Macho and Tyson in their primes, or Pinklon. I hear the same type of stories about Bert cooper I think too? So this is the first time I've really seen a special fighter go down i flames like this over and over and over again. Pavlik ruined his career with booze, but he wasn't the great in boxing that Bones is in mma.
With how he acts and the decisions he's made, I don't know, I always got the impression he was kind of an insecure person, like at times he carries himself as if he's an awkward teenager. I thought he was turning a corner with how he had been representing himself lately but obviously he wasn't. His insecurity would lead to using the steroids. Weirdly immature guy.

A lot of people always called him a fake or a phoney because of how he acts in public but that's just him being insecure and constructing this hollow outward persona to protect himself. I had a similar sense watching Victor Ortiz interviews when he was younger but whereas he broke down in the ring, Jon Jones broke down outside of it.

Lol. Should have given the money to a homeless person with a funny sign

When I lived in Hollywood (2004-2005ish) there was a guy who would hang around the Highland mall with a sign that said "I invented the Space Shuttle and NASA stole it from me." I always threw him some change, that was just the best sign.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back