Social My 1st Colonoscopy

They also in my case pumped in air
So it felt like your stomach was going to explode..
and afterwards you farted all the air out.

Good times good times.

I wish @Slobodan gets one soon or many.

I managed to put it off until into my 60s. I told them it wasn't necessary because anyone who knew would tell them I'm a perfect asshole. They use a light anesthetic so I was awake for the whole thing but couldn't drive home. All they did was confirm that I am a perfect asshole. Not a sign of a polyp or anything.

Getting a colonoscopy is still the gold standard for colon cancer screening, however if you are deemed low risk some physicians/medical centers will do just a FIT/DNA stool test. If positive you would then proceed to get a colonoscopy done.
I don't know what a FIT/DNA stool test is but I'll do a hundred of them if it keeps my asshole unviolated

I don't know what a FIT/DNA stool test is but I'll do a hundred of them if it keeps my asshole unviolated
Umm, yeah, I mean NO !​

False Positives AND False Negatives Are Both mentioned from those tests.

False positive, no big deal, procedure time.​

A false negative puts you at ease... while your life may be in danger.

Yea, I've had one a few years ago.

Pretty much what everyone said is accurate.

Reactions: lsa
Had mine done last year (I’m 55). FIT test was positive for blood. Colonoscopy showed some diverticula but was told it is no problem unless they get infected (like Brock). Doctor said all else is clear and no need to worry for 10 years.

They gave me Propafol though (the drug that MJ overdosed on) and I felt amazing when I woke up. Didn’t feel violated at all. Lol

I'm 46 years old and had my first colonoscopy with zero pain medication or anesthesia.

The doctor found and removed 3 small polyps the largest being 5mm (just over 3/16 inch) which fortunately puts me right in the relatively low risk for colon cancer area.

They will be sent to a lab for testing, however, my doctor said that since they had no reason to be concerned about them they aren't a priority and they will receive the results in approximately 2 months and then inform me of them by mail.

I cannot tell you how relieved I was because I was a bit nervous if I am to be completely honest. I have been having some GI issues recently hence the reason for the coloncopy in the first place.

So I'm feeling grateful.

The pain level on a scale from 1-10 (1 being none at all and 10 being excruciating) was (for me) around a 2 and sometimes a 3 depending.

So not bad at all.

The most painful part was at the very beginning when she used her finger first to examine my butthole, she is a fantastic doctor but she did not fuck around zipping a finger right up main street. LMAO

The procedure took approximately a half hour from start to finish.

Watching the monitor and seeing the inside of my colon as they explored it in real time was wild!

I'm very happy that I got it done and I would like to remind all the Sherbro's and Sherbroette's that if you're 45 years of age or older, schedule a colonoscopy.

Yeah, it can be uncomfortable, and scary, but it could save your life and that's worth it.

giphy.gif
Should have used that as an opportunity for a magic trick IMHO. Like, hide a card up there, and when it shows up on the screen ask the Dr, "is that your card"?

I’m gonna have to schedule one soon-ish, I’m about to turn 46 myself. Although there’s no way in hell I’m doing it without pain meds or
anasthesia— if someone wants get in my ass they’re going to need to buy me dinner first plus give me a bunch of drugs.

I've got reservations for Olive Garden and some injectable pots.

You shit in a bag and mail it in. Seems preferable to having an object jammed up my ass.

I see many patients with colon cancer. Some of the older ones would tell me they skipped on getting one done, etc only to wish they did it. Yeah they stick a camera up your ass, but it's nothing compared to being diagnosed with metastatic colorectal cancer and going through treatment. The fact that it can help with prevention and catching it early is huge. I just saw a patient today in his low 70s. Never got a colonoscopy . Went to the hospital because of pus coming out of his belly button. Found a 4" mass in his colon. Diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. Now has a ostomy bag and going through palliative chemo for the past year. Incurable, but could have likely been prevented or caught early if he got a colonoscopy done regularly.
<209Bitch>

Back