Mutant Year Zero (Turn Based)

Losfer Words

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
"Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is a tactical adventure game combining the turn-based combat of XCOM with story, exploration, stealth, and strategy."

I am a sucker for turn based games. Just found out about this one and am cautiously optimistic.

"Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is a tactical adventure game combining the turn-based combat of XCOM with story, exploration, stealth, and strategy."

I am a sucker for turn based games. Just found out about this one and am cautiously optimistic.

you're excited by trailers with no gameplay footage? <45>

Won't lie, I do want to see more of that open world forrest

I miss 15 years ago, when the trailers showed you a little of the shit you would be doing.

Now, it's just "Take your visual cue, piggy!!"

Game is out and here is some gameplay

I just bought it and seems fine so far. I like the hit chance being increments of 25%, no missing 97% shots like in xcom

Setting and story notwithstanding, gameplay looks too much like a watered-down version of Xcom.

The fact that the game is set in my hometown is kind of surreal. The map outline is so close to reality it could have been lifted straight off of google maps. But I've been skimming through a couple of gameplay videos, and as far as I can tell the map locations don't really resemble any actual landmarks (except The Ark, which I took to be a bridge called Angeredsbron). I could be wrong though, I'm really bad at picking up on visual cues.

It’s free on Xbox pass or gold one of those

So how good is this game? I'm a huge xcom fan and am always looking for something to play until the next one comes out.

So how good is this game? I'm a huge xcom fan and am always looking for something to play until the next one comes out.

Warhammer: Mechanicus seems to be getting mostly high praise.

It's basically tech priests in the warhammer universe taking the place of Xcom soldiers, and Warhammer tech taking the place of the Xcom tech tree.

I like it. I especially like the fact that you can move in realtime when not in combat, putting your characters into positions to ambush patrolling enemies with silent weapons.

I might try this. I liked XCOM a lot but I always found that the game got boring at the end. Once you max out certain parts of the skill tree you rape everything.

Just beat the game. HOLY SHIT easily the worst ending ever for anything.

Back