muay thai shorts

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
has anyone else had a problem with their muay thai shorts "bleeding" color when they wash them? for example your red shorts turn the water red, and the redish water now made the white part of the short redish in color?

Which brand?

I'm sure it's the quality / material issue.

Quality issue: Cheaply made clothing always has the problem of color bleeding, especially Reebok kit provided for ufc fighter is famous for it.

Material issue: All of my mma shorts that has a white flex panel slightly turned into the main color of the shorts too (about 30%). Yet, White as the main color shorts aren't affected by it at all. It's just the surface of the material use for the flex panel and the majority of the shorts is different. Majority of the shorts are made with polyester, and the flex panel probably made with spandex or flexible polyester.

--

Once they have turned, they don't get any worse though, stay the same reddish/grey/blueish color. So I just avoid getting mma shorts with white flex panel in the future. For thai shorts you can avoid certain brand or shorts that have white patches/badges/words that aren't made with Nylon/Satin material.

going to share a secret..

wash them via the shower.. toss them badboys on the ground while you throwing down with shampoo/soap

boooooom, no more damage by that asshole of a washer

has anyone else had a problem with their muay thai shorts "bleeding" color when they wash them? for example your red shorts turn the water red, and the redish water now made the white part of the short redish in color?

what brand? i also wash mine and the quick wash cycle in cold water

top king, the new jade dragon shorts or whatever.

Always wash them separately and after a gazillion washes the bleeding should eventually stop...

Back