Muay Thai is losing out

Titles and rankings just distract. There are always champions and fighters ranked #1 who are not that good and fighters who are ranked 6, 7 and 8 who are the best fighters in the entire sport. Only way to know how good Buakaw was is to see who he was fighting. Was Sagetpet a good fighter in 2000? Orono regarded highly in 2001? Those are about the only fighters I'm familiar with.
He was in there with some other big names as well: Nontachai and Chalee amongst others. I think Rob has said that Buakaw was a pretty solid fighter.

well it was not me that made the statement

the FIRST fighter to ever get paid directly instead of the gym. if that's not a form of slavery than Alexandru Lungu is not in my avatar
you keep trolling the same old stuff though, you could do with some fresher bait

He was in there with some other big names as well: Nontachai and Chalee amongst others. I think Rob has said that Buakaw was a pretty solid fighter.
as has often been mentioned before he was ranked number one at Lumpini the champion for a long period then was Namsaknoi who was his stablemate so it would have been impossible for him to fight for the belt.

i think the sitboonmee and buakaw situations are very different. I feel for the gym owners who treat their fighters right and give them there half the money and the guy wants to leave but in buakaws situation he wasn't getting anywhere close to his contracted amount of the money. Buakaw wanted to leave por pramuk because they were basicity forcing him to fight injured and then keeping all the money. It was not a small sum of money either we are talking a couple million baht buakaw claimed they stole. Also buakaw was not the first fighter to bring up the same issues other fighters had with por pramuk. por pramuk is still getting a percentage of buakaws purses so it is a completely different situation from most in thailand

They all seem like fair points but how do we know they was forcing Buakaw to fight injured? How do we know he wasn't getting a good amount of money and he just wanted more? I'm not saying Buakaws lying but there is always 2 sides to a story and its easy to jump on the side of the superstar.

They all seem like fair points but how do we know they was forcing Buakaw to fight injured? How do we know he wasn't getting a good amount of money and he just wanted more? I'm not saying Buakaws lying but there is always 2 sides to a story and its easy to jump on the side of the superstar.
Por Pramuk has a bad track record though just look at the case of Namsaknoi.
Or the fact that their good fighters have all left the camp

Because the same thing happened with Namsaknoi...

Like how solid? Superlek solid? Sittisak solid? Bangpleenoi solid? What are we talking about?

Back