Television MTV The Challenge: Spies, Lies and Allies

104 pages…. About a show… on mtv?

<TheWire1>

What am I missing?

I hear you man, I am not an MTV fan myself so I get it’s confusing, but I love the challenge. Definitely up there with MMA for me. What sets it apart from other competition shows for me is, when someone gets “voted out” so to speak due to politics and all that depending on the format, they have a chance to fight for their spot by going into an elimination match up. Whether the contest is physical or mental, or both, it’s neat to watch two competitors duke it out to try and stay in the game while the loser gets sent home. I prefer physical eliminations myself (hall brawl and pole wrestle are classics), but all the types are pretty interesting and a good watch for the most part.

I can’t even give shows like big brother a chance because I don’t like the idea of just getting “voted out” and that’s it. If someone is failing with daily challenges or isn’t doing well with the political side with the game, give them a chance by putting it all on the line and using whatever skills they have for whatever elimination format you throw at them. That’s why I love the challenge.

Many types of strategies you can use to survive in the game. You can be like Nany who uses the political side to make it to the final and she’s quite good at it due to being well liked despite not having a lot of physical skill, or you can be like Kyle who’s known as a double crossing snake politically (I don’t think that’s a totally fair assessment), but is extremely skilled as an individual with a lot of heart and can go down into elimination when he inevitably has to and use his raw skills to make it to the end. One of my favorite competitors btw next to 5 time champ CT.

Anyways, glad to see a thread on this show. Can’t wait for all stars 3 and the next flagship season.

Back