Most expensive "Impulse buy" you ever had

Most expensive is probably $1600 or so XPS laptop, two years ago. My gaming PC was like 5 years old at that point and Dell was blowing it out, but had I done my research I would have realized the model was being replaced with one with the faster 1000 series GPUs.

I buy pairs of headphones I don't need with alarming frequency too, got some $350 Sony XM2s sitting in the box because they cleared them out for the XM3 and I bit on the discount (seeing the pattern yet?)

As a rule though I am super anal about research and almost never impulse buy.

I normally only impulse buy clothes, like a t-shirt or jacket? Last "big" thing though I really can only think of? It wasn't even expensive, I'm a big Ohio State Football fan, and I came across a 20x24 autographed/matted/Framed Urban Meyer panoramic picture. It was on sale for $120 so I figured why not?
thumb.aspx

Most expensive is probably $1600 or so XPS laptop, two years ago. My gaming PC was like 5 years old at that point and Dell was blowing it out, but had I done my research I would have realized the model was being replaced with one with the faster 1000 series GPUs.
I buy pairs of headphones I don't need with alarming frequency too, got some $350 Sony XM2s sitting in the box because they cleared them out for the XM3 and I bit on the discount (seeing the pattern yet?)

As a rule though I am super anal about research and almost never impulse buy.
If you do research on the item, is it really an impulse buy though? You already knew you needed to replace your old pc.

I bought an xbox one x awhile back after thinking it over for about a day. Got a great deal on it on craigslist with an elite controller for $400. I knew it was a decent deal and that I could flip it in a couple weeks for the same price if I changedmy mind. I can't spend more than $50 without doing research. I HATE the feeling of buyer's remorse.

I bought a new Speed Triple while in Iraq and had it shipped to my home. I'd have my wife on skype starting the engine for me until I got home. Pic of a speed triple here (no pics of wife shercunts)

Unknown.jpeg

I sometimes buy guitars on impulse. But, I only buy if it's a good deal.

A few months ago I bought a Taylor for about $1700.

There's nothing scarier to me than a lathe. We have like 3 lathes where I work I've never been within like 20ft of them. I'm happy I'm management and white so if someone kills themselves on one of them I won't have to clean that shit up
turn off safesearch (as if you'd have it on) and google image search "lathe accident".
enjoy.

Not an impulse buy, because I spent the last little while researching and obsessing over it, but I just dropped over $2k CAD on a pair of binoculars.

$450,000

One day the wife and I went for a drive. Next thing you know I put an offer on a house. Didn’t expect to do that, didn’t look at any other properties first.

<{chips}>

Im far too cheap to impulse buy

I did buy a 200 dollar bluetooth speaker for work and it hurt my very soul to put the chip in and buy it

I'm with you. I impulse bought Platoon on DVD the other day for like 5 bucks. When I went to scrounge for change in my pocket to complete the sale it hurt my middle finger because I had a few pointy screws in there from when I was working ealier

I'm with you. I impulse bought Platoon on DVD the other day for like 5 bucks. When I went to scrounge for change in my pocket to complete the sale it hurt my middle finger because I had a few pointy screws in there from when I was working ealier
Platoon is well worth it imo

When I was in high school I saved up all of my money to buy one of the first MP3 players. It had like 64MB of storage but it was cutting edge at the time. I think I paid like $200-300 or something back then which was a shit ton of money. The thing ended up being a piece of shit and it bricked on me a few months after the warranty expired. Three or four years later the iPod came out.

Back