Most dissapointing Tuf winner...

brookins took some time off. not completely retired right? and he fought some top competition in the ufc so i'm not really disappointed.

escudero comes to mind...

What!? Wow dang.... ok DISAPPOINTED!! :icon_sad:

According to wikipedia, he opted to not renew his contract... There's no guarantee it'll be waiting for him when/if he decides to try to come back.

Amir Sadollah was 0-0 going into the show, as much as I don't like him he does have an exiting style and losing to Hendricks, Dong Hyun Kim, Ludwig and Hardy is nothing to be ashamed about.

Efrain Escudero had 3 submission wins and defeated "the next Anderson Silva" in the finale. He got delt a pretty shitty hand with the match making to be fair. To fight Evan Dunham and Charles Oliveira for your 2nd and 4th fight with the company is pretty tough going.

James Wilks in my mind isn't a disappointing winner because that season was so weak to begin with I had little expectation from him.

Jonathan Brookins looked great on the show. I remember he had a good chin when he fought Aldo in WEC. Again brutal match making from the 'genius' Joe Silva. Erik Koch, Vagner Rocha, Charles Oliveira and Dustin Poirier as your first 4 fights, I'm not surprised the guy wanted time away. I know this is the UFC where the best fighters are but how about trying to establish a guy that you have just spent the last 3 months promoting on your TV show! These guys need 4-5 fights before Joe Silva decides kills them off, at least give them a chance.

Mac Danzig had far more experience than any other fighter when he was on the show. He was kinda lucky Sotiropoulos got knocked out because Mac vs. George would have been a good final at the time. A few years makes all the difference, I think Ben Saunders would knock Danzig out if they fought now, even War Machine would probably take him now.

I know we haven't seen much of Colton Smith but so far he hasn't really shined. Maybe in a couple more fights.

Efrain Escudero had 3 submission wins and defeated "the next Anderson Silva" in the finale. He got delt a pretty shitty hand with the match making to be fair. To fight Evan Dunham and Charles Oliveira for your 2nd and 4th fight with the company is pretty tough going.

I believe DW dubbed Nover as 'having the potential to be the next GSP'

Either way, it's a hilarious fail of a prediction

Chiesa.
He won the tournament Laying & Praying and continues to do so. I'd be surprised if he has any fans.

Not sure if serious?

Also I don't think Brookins actually retired. He's just taking a break from MMA for awhile.

Back