Most anticipated open world games of 2017

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Holy shit, I can't be the only one astounded how far things have come since Super Mario Bros. on Nintendo. There is one new open-world game every month it seems.

I played Skyrim and Fallout 3/4 for a bit and have been flirting with the idea of playing an open-world game but i never truly liked them. I am more of a linear gameplay kind of guy.

Mass Effect Andromeda. That. Is. All.

That video didn't show ghost recon wildlands either wtf.

Last edited:
Red Dead 2. That game is going to destroy the competition next year

Mass Effect Andromeda. That. Is. All.

That video didn't show ghost recon wildlands either wtf.
Andromeda is going to be open world? Because none of the other ME's were.

I also think RDR2 appears to be the obvious star.

semi open world

CP77 is gonna be the tits

I would assume it's a changing of the guard cause you are going to be exploring a new galaxy and more Mako exploration then in Me1 and the Hammerhead in ME2. I guess we'll find out with the trailer on N7 day.

This PS4 exclusive is on my watchlist for upcoming games in the same 2017 Q1 as Andromeda. Not a blind buy like a Mass Effect release, but definitely worth keeping on the radar:

Star Citizen will get a full release at some point in the future, and on that day angels will cry and gaben will announce HL3.

Sign me up for Tom Clancy's Wildlands and Horizon: Zero Dawn.

RDR2 is a "wait until it's on PC" for me, Mass Effect will probably rustle my jimmies because it'll be on Origin for fucks sake.

This PS4 exclusive is on my watchlist for upcoming games in the same 2017 Q1 as Andromeda. Not a blind buy like a Mass Effect release, but definitely worth keeping on the radar:

I've been watching this game since it was first announced
If its as good as it looks it may be the reason I finally buy a PS4

Any recommendations for me for an upcoming open-world PC game I can play as a stealthy assassin?

Cant wait for Mount and Blade - Bannerlord. Hopefully it comes out in 2017...

I am interested with this. I hope I can play it offline though.

Sign me up for Tom Clancy's Wildlands and Horizon: Zero Dawn.

RDR2 is a "wait until it's on PC" for me, Mass Effect will probably rustle my jimmies because it'll be on Origin for fucks sake.

I doubt Rockstar ever ports RDR 1 & 2 to PC. Maybe you'll be able to play them in ten years when we have emulators for 360/PS3 and One/PS4.

Breath of the Wild and Agents of Mayhem are two I'm looking forward to. Plus The Fractured But Whole.

Maybe not exactly an open-world game but I am tempted to try it when it comes out.

I doubt Rockstar ever ports RDR 1 & 2 to PC. Maybe you'll be able to play them in ten years when we have emulators for 360/PS3 and One/PS4.

RDR1? No chance and I doubt we'll ever even see a remaster for consoles. I bet RDR2 comes out on PC a year later because it would just be leaving money on the table. GTAV has been very, very successful on PC.

I think Cyberpunk 2077 won't be released until 2018 at the earliest, more likely 2019. CDPR can take all the time they want because they're vastly expanding the gameplay features from the sounds of it and it's going to be a first for them design wise in a lot of ways. They still need to get Perturbator to do some soundtrack work.

I really hope EA doesn't make a squadmate a pre-order bonus for Mass Effect: Andromeda like they did with ME3. That shit was shameful. Cautiously optimistic after having a relatively good time with Dragon Age: Inquisition but Bioware has burned a lot of love I used to have for them with Dragon Age II and Mass Effect 3.

It's a shame Conan games always get relegated to MMOs because Robert E. Howard's stories are ripe for great narratives in games and interesting worlds.

Back