Most affordable Muay thai camp to train and stay at in Thailand for 2018

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by gator1873, Dec 31, 2017.

1. gator1873 White Belt

gator1873
    Does anyone have a clue to which camp is the cheapest to train and live at for a year... Looking to train for a year over there, but after checking tiger muay thai and a few others, there prices are sky high.... most of the forums say not to book online but rather neg when you get there?

Any input would be great

2. bonanza comer Blue Belt

bonanza comer
    In my experience there, prices are relatively equal. Daily group training and personals seem to be anyway. One easy way to save money though is to not get a room at the gym but elsewhere.

Yodsanan likes this.
  3. kingkokong Purple Belt

kingkokong
    Depends if your fighting then you could make a income while living/training cheap. Usually talk to your camp manager on cheap accommodation near bouts as they would be the best go to. I would go with a smaller gym Phuket or Chiang Mai even. Forget Tiger or even Sinbi

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  4. Vinzr Blue Belt

Vinzr
    If you're planning on staying a year then definitely go there and negotiate. Maybe book in a month or two, then talk to them about staying for a year for a negotiated price? Besides, you would want to trial the gym for a month before committing for a year, wouldn't you?

5. Mongoosemk12 Blue Belt

Mongoosemk12
    Depends on the size of the gym you are looking for and what kind of accommodation. I live with my trainer at his home above the gym. It's quite Spartan but very cheap and entirely private training since the gym is too small to really have more than 6-8 people at one time. It's in the sticks of BKK though (I live in Phra Phadaeng) and you won't find gyms like this online. If you come to BKK you're more than welcome to come check the place out, just shoot me a PM and I can point you to his FB page and give you the location of the gym.