Movies MORTAL KOMBAT 2021 (Premieres April 23, 2021)

If you have seen MORTAL KOMBAT (2021), how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Is Kano originally supposed to be a tweener or a straight up heel
He's always been a gang boss and straight up villian fighting for money from outworld reps. Or a place in their new world if they succeed.

This movie went a different route with his personality. Made him morally ambiguous at the beginning but then switched him to the outworld team to follow his nominal storylines.

Kano is fucking hilarious. Makes the movie watchable.

also Jax is basically Jon Jones lmao. Looks just like him.

The movie had some good fight scenes and not much else. The story was bad, the acting was bad aside from Kano, the crappy lore they set up is bad, just..... who the fuck wrote this and thought it was good?
I don’t think there can ever be a good MK story. Just makes no sense? Like are the outer world people aliens trying to take over the world? Why don’t they just beam to earth and just destroy everyone? What’s the end goal? They have to win multiple tournaments to be able to do it?

yeah...what kind of storyline do people want from a mortal kombat movie?

the storyline for this one was tsung is trying to take out the warriors before the tournmanet started...next one or two will be tournament.

Its not like a video game movie is going to be goodfellas

Cole is played by Lewis Tan, a/k/a Shatterstar in Deadpool 2

shatterstar-header.jpg

I thank you for mentioning this, but let's not degrade this thread/forum. No Liefeld "art", pretty please.

Lots of scenes made no sense. Then again, I don't watch these types of movies for sense.

I was kind of bummed they didn't show the actual tournament. But then again, we don't get a #2 that way.
Fight scenes needed some work, it felt telegraphed and not as produced on such a high level.

Blood and gore were over the top, totally fitting the movie. I'm OK with that.

Comedy was not there.

Character development is also not there, I did not feel anything for any of the characters, except for Hanzo.

Some complaints, plot holes and my pointless rant incoming
The entire time you're led to believe Cole is actually becoming Scorpion. Then the ending comes and you feel like you got cockblocked by your own hooker. She seduces you and promises you anal all night long, then turns around and no, she only sees you as a brother. And Cole does not become Scorpion, but Hatori Hanzo or whatever his name is Scorpion, magically back from the dead bcs... revenge.

It's a good thing the movie explained to me (in an easy to follow way) that Jax's wounds have been cauterized, otherwise I'd be shocked to see him have his arms ripped off and him not actually dying.

it's also fitting that all the bad guys decided to agree with the good guy's plan, to attack heroes individually, at the place (trap) of their choosing, by the same ones the good guys decided they're fighting against. Makes totes sense.

Liu Kang cannot hang with Prince Goro, even with the power up.

My man, Kung Lao, is the only one getting wiped, while also being the only one getting a flawless victory. Not fair IMO.
It's also a good thing that Nitara, after hiding from Kung Lao for 2 minutes, decided to let a final screech just before attacking him, otherwise he'd have to rely on his Harry Potter skills to determine where she actually was. Made the job much easier for him.

Looks like Liu Kang did some PED for this one. Or really good horse meat. His arms belong on someone twice his size.

If this a necessary step for a bigger, better movie, with slightly more budget, I can take that. If this was what the other movies will look like, no thanks.

yeah...what kind of storyline do people want from a mortal kombat movie?

the storyline for this one was tsung is trying to take out the warriors before the tournmanet started...next one or two will be tournament.

Its not like a video game movie is going to be goodfellas
Honestly I wouldn’t mind if they did the story of mk9 into three movies.

I hope they get a way bigger budget for the next one. Get some good writers for the script and a new director.

Unfortunately like Reptile, Baraka will probably get the random jobber treatment next. We needs some random characters introduced on the hero side to get taken out, Earthrealm is about to get too OP and we haven't even gotten the full crew together yet. Need to showcase the power of the bad guys too.

Watched the “fights” on YouTube. Why are American modern cinematographers obsessed with medium shots with quick cuts and no action beats for fight scenes?

Zero umph in any of it. Utterly forgettable.

Unfortunately like Reptile, Baraka will probably get the random jobber treatment next. We needs some random characters introduced on the hero side to get taken out, Earthrealm is about to get too OP and we haven't even gotten the full crew together yet. Need to showcase the power of the bad guys too.

Reptile has always been a jobber. MK admits this, he is their version of kenny from southpark.

Not in MK 1 or 2. or the first movie. He got downgraded to jobber after that for some reason.

The first movie didnt really follow the mk storyline much despite being the best of the 3 movies.
After mk2 and every game thereafter reptiles entire purpose is a kenny. Its an ongoing joke in their back rooms. He is the office slut.

Just watched the 90s movie for the first time. Liu Kang and Shang tsung were def better than the new movie but sub zero and scorpion were kinda like jobbers. Johnny cage was way better than the mma can. Kano was better in the new movie. I liked the idea of a tournament in the original and the hand to hand combat was good but the effects were very obviously dated. Also liked the gore in the new one. Sonya was hotter in the original

Back