Movies MORTAL KOMBAT 2021 (Premieres April 23, 2021)

If you have seen MORTAL KOMBAT (2021), how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Actually Detective Pikachu is probably the best video game movie.

That's because there are no good ones.

Haha. The bar is really low. But still Mortal kombat definitely ranks above Street Fighter (Julia is one of the only high points) and Mario Bros etc.

Update: August 27, 2019

MORTAL KOMBAT Adds Chin Han as Shang Tsung and Hiroyuki Sanada as Scorpion

tI3lXg4.jpg

New Line continues to ramp up its pre-production on its Mortal Kombat reboot, tapping Chin Han to play Shang Tsung and Hiroyuki Sanada to play Scorpion.

The two join Joe Taslim (Sub Zero), Ludi Lin (Liu Kang), Jessica McNamee (Sonya Blade), Josh Lawson (Kano), Tadanobu Asano (Raiden), Mehcad Brooks (Jackson “Jax” Bridges), Sisi Stringer (Mileena) and Lewis Tan.

While the plot of the film remains unknown, the video game centers on a massive roster of character fighters from different realms in a fictional universe battling for supremacy. Greg Russo penned the current version of the screenplay.

Shang Tsu is one of the few original Mortal Kombat characters, having debuted in the first Mortal Kombat arcade game as the final boss. Shang Tsung is a powerful evil warlock and shapeshifter who absorbs the souls of those he defeats in order to maintain his youth and power. As the great sorcerer of the Outworld, Shang Tsung wants Earth defeated so he can build an empire. He is the arch-nemesis to Liu Kang, who will be portrayed by Ludi Lin. In the original pic, he was played by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa.

As for Scorpion, another classic character from the original Midway game, the antihero was an undead ninja warrior seeking revenge for the person who killed him.

Mortal Kombat is set for a March 5, 2021, release.

Best known for starring opposite Christian Bale in The Dark Knight, Han was most recently seen starring with Dwayne Johnson in “Skyscraper.” His other recent work includes Roland Emmerich’s Independence Day: Resurgence, Netflix’s Marco Polo and Rupert Sanders’ Ghost in the Shell.

Sanada most recently appeared in Avengers: Endgame and will next be seen in Zack Snyder’s Army of the Dead, Minamata and the upcoming season of Westworld. His other credits include The Wolverine, Rush Hour 3 and Sunshine.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/...scorpion-chin-han-hiroyuki-sanada-1203315673/

Too short.

I hope they keep the tournament and not get too offside with a 'story'. Basically Bloodsport but with cool uniforms and powers.

Lol, ok. Hugh Jackman was too tall to play wolverine but nobody in hollywood would have done a better job. Rampage would make an awesome Jax. Much better than some completely unknown, slighter taller actor.

Also in response to above posts, Slient Hill is the best video game movie. Had little to do with the original game but an all around solid film.

It's so sad to me that Sanada is best known for a really short scene in End Game and not the highly underrated Twilight Samurai

I hope they keep the tournament and not get too offside with a 'story'. Basically Bloodsport but with cool uniforms and powers.
<{Joewithit}>
This would be brilliant. And I want a twist ending aka dont make the winner an obvious character.

WTF do people want UFC fighters to play actors in movies? They suck. Rhonda, Carano, GSP you name it they all suck. WWE wrestlers are 100 x's the actors UFC fighters are.

Jardine's pretty good.

Its gonna be weird seeing Kakihara as Raiden.

how do you people not know who Sanada is?

Also I know he is Japanses but he should be Shang Tsung and Han should be Scorpion.

No, no, no , not even close. Sonya has a banging body. Not pancake ass, cankles and deflated tits. Rousey also has the charisma of a turnip and the acting skills of a fossilized gnat.

It figured just dropping Ronda's name would provoke an irrational response like that. l said, "if she could actually act" and you counter that with she can't act and has no charisma. Might want to look up what "if" means.

They could always fix things, like her tits, with the right bra and/or filling. They can make shit look better on screen. She would also be legit athletic and could sell being a badass fighter a whole lot better than some chick with little to no experience in combat sports but who looks better, IMO. Oh and I was thinking of something similar to weigh-in-shape Ronda, obviously, and not a ballooned version of her. Just thought I'd say that because haters really like to throw up some really bad pics of her.

It figured just dropping Ronda's name would provoke an irrational response like that. l said, "if she could actually act" and you counter that with she can't act and has no charisma. Might want to look up what "if" means.

They could always fix things, like her tits, with the right bra and/or filling. They can make shit look better on screen. She would also be legit athletic and could sell being a badass fighter a whole lot better than some chick with little to no experience in combat sports but who looks better, IMO. Oh and I was thinking of something similar to weigh-in-shape Ronda, obviously, and not a ballooned version of her. Just thought I'd say that because haters really like to throw up some really bad pics of her.

No just no. Her mean mugging is cringey even by WWE standards. She can´t act, she doesn´t have the look. Shit just her voice acting alone is cringe city. So it would have to be RR not in any way shape or form being RR, then she could do it???

Any actress can be made to look like a martial arts badass within a few months, case in point, Carrie-Anne Moss in the Matrix.

No just no. Her mean mugging is cringey even by WWE standards. She can´t act, she doesn´t have the look. Shit just her voice acting alone is cringe city. So it would have to be RR not in any way shape or form being RR, then she could do it???

Any actress can be made to look like a martial arts badass within a few months, case in point, Carrie-Anne Moss in the Matrix.

Uhm.. buddeh. Are you familiar with the concept of hypothesis? The concept is a mental excerise that is often denoted with the word "if". It sketches a possible scenario, that takes place seperately from the world you know, and proposes how in an altered world, or universe, or dimension, or what have you, that scenario would look like with those specific alterations in mind. So whatever is altered, like Ronda's acting skills in this case, are now hypothetical acting skills and have substituted her actual and real life acting skills. So in other words, her real life acting skills don't matter anymore, because they have been replaced with great acting skills.

The Matrix' style of action won't be used in a MK movie. Or at least, I wouldn't use it in my hypothetical movie. I would want to have a more authentic style of fight choreography, not a stylized one like The Matrix.

Last edited:
Back