Law More than a dozen female athletes sue NCAA over their transgender participation policy

More than a dozen female athletes sue NCAA over their transgender participation policy​

More than a dozen female athletes sue NCAA over their transgender participation policy​

Move than a dozen female athletes have sued the National Collegiate Athletic Association over its transgender participation policy
I read the thread title and wasn't sure exactly what this thread was about. Luckily you were able to clear it up for me, thanks.

Move than a dozen female athletes have sued the National Collegiate Athletic Association over its transgender participation policy, which the athletes claim violates their rights under Title IX, the law that prohibits discrimination based on sex at any institution that receives federal funding.

The lawsuit stems from the January 2022 ruling by the NCAA Board of Governors that allows transgender athletes to compete in the category of their affirmed gender on a sport-by-sport basis. The NCAA said that this ruling "preserves opportunity for transgender student-athletes while balancing fairness, inclusion and safety for all who compete."

This week, 16 female athletes across sports like swimming, soccer and track and field, filed the lawsuit, saying in the lawsuit that they "bring this case to secure for future generations of women the promise of Title IX that is being denied them and other college women."

"A lot of people ask us, why did we wait this long to file a lawsuit? Well, we waited this long to allow the NCAA every opportunity to make the right decision," Kaitlynn Wheeler, a former University of Kentucky swimmer, told ABC News.

"The NCAA's most basic job is to protect the fairness and the safety of its athletes, and it has failed on that simple task," Wheeler said.

The complaint highlights an alleged incident at the 2022 NCAA national swimming championship-- weeks after the NCAA's ruling -- involving former University of Kentucky swimmer Riley Gaines and Lia Thomas, a transgender swimmer who was competing for the University of Pennsylvania.

According to the lawsuit, Gaines had tied in fifth place with Thomas in the 200 free competition, but that as they prepared for the podium ceremony, Gaines was told by an NCAA official that only Thomas would be allowed to hold the fifth-place trophy.

Gaines says in the lawsuit she questioned the official, who the complaint alleges told her, "I'm so sorry, we have been advised that when photos are taken it is crucial that Lia Thomas holds the trophy."

"The secret of Thomas' meteoric ascendance and dominance in NCAA women's swimming was retained male advantage," the lawsuit alleges. Thomas had previously competed in the men's category prior to the NCAA's ruling.

"What the plaintiffs are really after is an equal and fair opportunity to succeed. For everybody to be equal at the starting line," William Bock, the lead attorney in the lawsuit, told ABC News.

In a statement, the NCAA said that while it "does not comment on pending litigation, the Association and its members will continue to promote Title IX, make unprecedented investments in women's sports and ensure fair competition in all NCAA championships."

The NCAA set themselves up for this lawsuits. Allowing biological males to compete against biological women does appear to violate Title IX.
Typical crybaby’s wanting something for crying

Assuming you arent trolling ... Genetics is why they cant put in the effort and do better my man. Nothing cowardly about a chick who doesnt want to compete with a dude

I've seen women run. I've seen it first hand. They're definitely faster when I've chased them.

They are just being incredibly lazy.

Medals should be for the best.

They care, they are just afraid to speak up or the Left will try and destroy their futures.

All too common nowadays. Riley Gaines is an especially heroic person for standing up for women's rights in this issue right now. Imagine it requiring bravery to speak up and say men shouldn't be in women's locker rooms. Not even 20 years ago, that was just plain old common sense.

Well, these formerly male athletes are training for the middle school spring girl’s soccer team tryouts

You're denying their existence when you tell these fellas they can't crush girls at sports and then jiggle their dicks at them in the locker room. I can't even, I am literally shaking. #literallygenocide
I've seen this kind of rhetoric on this very subject. The "denying their existence" is nonsense, and a knee-jerk response whenever you ask someone how precisely trans people are being oppressed.

And that's not to say that trans people aren't persecuted, because they are. But not much, and not by many. And it's largely pushback to the ridiculous wall of noise coming from this group's advocates, whether those advocates be trans people themselves or merely people who espouse pushing that subject as far as possible.

The sentiment of "We demand that you change your language to accommodate us", and "We want to make laws that will penalize you for not addressing us as we want" (which by the way is randomly at subject to the arbitrary whim of those who are demanding this of you), is necessarily going to generate hostility. It cannot generate anything else.

What the hell do you think is going to happen if you waltz in and demand that the nation's way of speaking and writing be awkwardly altered for a fraction of a fraction of the population that is, let's face it, emotionally unstable. NOBODY is going to like you. Anyone who acquiesces to you will do so only out of fear, hope that you'll shut up, or nefarious desire to see humanity crumble.

So of course people are going to shit on you. Of course people are going to say you're fucking crazy and fucking dangerous, and that under no circumstances whatsoever should you be allowed to be near children. And yes, some people, a very small percentage, will lash out with physical violence. Obviously I don't condone that, and very few people who oppose the trans bullshit do. The overwhelming majority of people feel that the trans movement is ridiculous and should not be allowed to compel changes to free speech or social norms (such as bathroom) arrangements for an astronomically small group of people (and I'm talking about people who are truly transgender, either biologically or truly, truly have emotional issues such that they cannot identify where they land. I'm not talking about attention whores and teens who are getting brainwashed by their tyrannical and malevolent parents). Those same people would also say that violence or oppression against trans people is equally unacceptable.

None of that is denying a trans person's existence. It doesn't deny their right to live, thrive and pursue happiness. It in no way impedes their ability to accomplish meaningful goals in life.

52533229-10365141-UPenn_women_s_swimmers_and_divers_relax_at_the_beach_in_January_-a-5_1641422848155.jpg

You’re telling me that lady in the back that looks like a middle linebacker has some kind of unfair advantage?

{<hhh]

GD, I will identify as female if they let me change with them ladies.

Wood.

Jokes aside, good.
I wish more female dared to enter the suit or speak up.
But its imo pretty clear why they wont. It can cost them too much.
Women should not have to pay for the transgender movement.

There are levels to this absurdity. The left have been convinced by men that they are women and as women, deserve equity. But here is the highest level of absurdity---A man competes as a man and sucks. Puts on lipstick and grows hair long, and "identifies" as a woman. Then destroys women in the women's division the following year. This is what Lia Thomas did. He is bigger, stronger, faster, more bone density, more oxygen capacity....all the reasons why Males and Females were separated in sport in the 1st place. He stands on the podium towering over the rest and that is equity? No, that is absurdity. Same with these Trans Volleyball players that are bigger, stronger, faster, more powerful and spiking true women into concussions. Or the cyclers, powerlifters, Golfers, fighters....It's absurd. The fact we are even arguing is absurd. The type of man that would do this is pathetic. You know you have an unfair advantage, and you only care about yourself. Selfish and absurd people. You want to wear a dress? Fine? You want to be treated equal? Fine. You want to get equality by cheating? Go fuck yourself and your rights.

The interesting question here, to my mind, is whether the court will have to rule on what is a woman due the wording of Title IX.

Will that constitute legal precedent? If so, expect a lot of appeals until it ends up with the SCOTUS.

Never really thought about it like that. TBH I hope they do make a ruling about what a woman is just to shut people up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back